Search results

1. Mark Fleming

Does oversized pipe avoid venting requirements?

I'm building my own summer place with slab on grade costruction and concrete walls. The only fixture on an outside wall (concrete) is the kitchen sink, which is also on the concrete slab. It is 18 feet from the 4" horizontal main. I'm under the UPC and the local county does not allow AAVs...
  2. Mark Fleming

Venting for 16' underslab drain

If I understand this, I put in a vent T in the wall behind the sink and then the length of run under the slab doesn't matter. I thought that I had to have a vent every so many feet. I based this on my inspector for my first building making me put in another vent because my horizontal line ran...
  3. Mark Fleming

Venting for 16' underslab drain

I'm in Washington (Uniform Plumbing Code), have my building permit, and am getting ready to pour the footings. My first floor will be slab on grade and has a bath and kitchen. The kitchen sink will be 16 feet from tying into the main line to the septic (4"). After looking at my plans, I...
  4. Mark Fleming

Installing an underground pressure tank

I got ahold of the person who has the underground pressure tank near Mazama, WA that I had seen. It's at a cabin used for cross-country skiing. The frost depth there is 5'. The pressure tank vault is 7' deep and includes the pressure switch. The installer said that he had done this for 17...
  5. Mark Fleming

I'm just outside Seattle, so there's really no need to go deep to avoid frost. Our code says water pipes in unconditioned space must be placed "to avoid freezing." Foundation footings are required to be 12", but anything just under the surface is enough to prevent pipe freeze. A really big...
  6. Mark Fleming

Thanks for the responses. The pressure tank vault that I remember looking into had the "T" at the top of the tank and about 6" from ground surface. From the T, a pipe ran down to two elbows that allowed connection to the bottom of the tank, but other than two elbows there's nothing to go...
  7. Mark Fleming

I'm getting ready to build a small summer home. I want the well water pressure tank to be underground, in part because of possible freezing. I've already bought the tank (fiberglass) and 4' of 36" pipe for the vault. Question is: How much plumbing must be in the vault? I assume that I can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks