Search results

1. Seattle38

Vent for extended shower drain

Hi all, have a basement bath remodel going on. The following picture illustrates the existing basement bathroom drains, which are labeled. I am moving the shower drain (2") about five feet from its existing location (farther away from the vent), which consequently makes it so the original vent...
  2. Seattle38

ABS wye with spigot end

I'm looking for a 45 degree reducing wye; 4x4x3, with hubs on the top (inflow) 4 inch and side 3 inch connections and a 4 inch spigot on the downflow end. Same for a 3x3x2. I attached a drawing for reference sake. I can't find these at any major home center. It looks like Nibco may make them...
  3. Seattle38

Corner Toilet

That's a thought, the issue I'm running into is limited space in front of the bowl where the shower is. I thought rotating the toilet via a corner location would put the front of the toilet away from the shower side, thus providing more room to maneuver. Maybe I'll just have to break up some...
  4. Seattle38

Corner Toilet

I have a small basement bathroom on a concrete slab. the existing toilet has a 10 inch rough in drain. The front of the toilet is too close to the shower and the wall. Does a corner toilet with a ten-inch rough in exist? I'd rather not have to break up concrete and move the drain. Thanks...
  5. Seattle38

Subpanel in attached garage adjacent to living space

I'm adding a subpanel in an attached garage, adjacent to living space, a common wall. I'm in unincorporated Snohomish County. what are the rules regarding placing a subpanel in an attached garage, in or on a common wall with adjacent living space? Thanks!
  6. Seattle38

Real time help needed/water main!

cleaned it really well, even reshaped the pipe so it was as round as possible. Is it possible I'm getting the pipe too hot? using map gas, since it's one inch. I suppose I could try again tomorrow, but I'm at the point where I'm ok with just paying someone to do it right.
  7. Seattle38

Ok, so it sounds like I need to get a plumber out here to resize and sweat it. Anyone know of a good plumber in the Bothell/Woodinville, WA area?
  8. Seattle38

I'm in a bit of a bind. I've been in the process of installing a new copper water main (one inch type L soft) from the meter to the house. the line is laid, but the copper tubing at the meter end is slightly oblong, not round. After screwing around with it and attempting to sweat it four times...
  9. Seattle38

Sleeving copper water main

Ok, installing 1 inch type L soft for a new service line between the meter and the house. I want to sleeve the line in something to protect it from roots and rocks. I can't do rigid PVC because it's not a straight shot. Would corrugated flexible plastic drain pipe work ok? I read...
  10. Seattle38

replacing main, expansion loop?

I've looked into all the options; I don't want any joints and I don't want plastic. The wife has a wicked sense of taste and the last thing I need after installing a new main is "babe, the water tastes funny." Avoiding that is worth the extra $$. I plan on using 1", not 3/4. Now, just trying...
  11. Seattle38

replacing main, expansion loop?

I'm in Bothell, WA, currently replacing the main between the meter and house. I plan to use type L soft copper, probably sleeved with some closed cell foam. The run is about 70ish feet, with a couple of bends; up a rise and around the foundation. Is an expansion loop necessary? or will the...
  12. Seattle38

Leaking water main

Yeah, I've got rocks, grape to baseball sized, mostly golf ballish. Unfortunately, I have to make a couple of bends to go around a corner of the foundation and down a small rise. Completely sleeving the service line with rigid PVC won't work. I could sleeve the longer run sections, but...
  13. Seattle38

Leaking water main

The reason I ask about bending is I have to make three bends to go up a small rise and around a corner. Is this tubing easy to bend without a bender; no kinking? So, any thoughts on sleeving the line from the house to the meter? some sort of flexible wrapping or anything like that? or is...
  14. Seattle38

Leaking water main

You're in Bothell?! Can I entice you to drop by and take a quick look for a beer? You'll appreciate the amount of excavation I've had to do by hand, what a nightmare...
  15. Seattle38

Leaking water main

So, type L soft will be ok for in ground use? Any sleeve or protection between the meter and the house? do you have a picture of what the fittings at the meter look like? I'm having a hard time visualizing what do you recommend for making bends, standard tubing bender? any issues with...
  16. Seattle38

Leaking water main

Hi! Well, I've got a leak in the main between the meter and the house. The existing main is in an unknown region of a vast front yard and I've begun to trench for a new line. I plan to install type k soft copper and I have to make three bends to overcome a small rise between the meter and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks