Search results

1. chargedmr2

Fleck 2510sxt - Problem with losing my settings over time

I've finally got around to looking into this problem more and I now believe it was an issue caused by user error. As it turns out, when you enter the master settings menu it is done by holding the up and down arrows at the same time (with time set to 12:01). The first setting that is displayed...
  2. chargedmr2

The unit was installed last August, so it's still pretty new. Based on this situation, does it sound like a bad unit?? Could it be anything else?
  3. chargedmr2

Hello everyone, Several weeks back I became suspicious that hard water had entered our system and I went back to check the settings--several of my settings had changed back to default. For example the reserve capacity (which was at 200g) was set back to 0. I also noticed that the timings...
  4. chargedmr2

Softener backflow question?

Thanks for the replies. We are on city water so there is no iron to worry about. I don't want hard water leaking through so maybe I will consider a check valve. As is, however, we only use the hose infrequently so this won't be a common problem.
  5. chargedmr2

Softener backflow question?

Quick question about they way I plumbed my softener: The main line that feeds the softener tees off to an outside water faucet (just a few feet before reaching the softener) so that I don't get softened water through my outdoor hose. When I run the hose, the meter on the water softener...
  6. chargedmr2

Fleck 2510sxt settings for efficient potassium chloride use?

I just double checked again and the display format is in gallons. The VT options are: dF1b dF2b Fltr UFbd (also not mentioned in the manual--closest setting mentioned is UFbF) 8500 Othr Do you think it is safe to assume that the dF1B option is the correct one to use? Thanks for...
  7. chargedmr2

Well, for now I set it up using 9lbs of KCl and set the default override to 15 days. I guess I'm sacrificing efficiency for a higher flow rate, but the cost isn't too terribly high as you pointed out and I certainly shouldn't be getting any hard water in the system anytime soon. With regard...
  8. chargedmr2

Should I be concerned at all about the longevity of the resin if I wait that long to regen? We could have gone with a lower capacity system, but I didn't want to limit the flow rate too much, thus the 1.5 cuft. Can I reduce the capacity further and use less potassium chloride (than the...
  9. chargedmr2

I've just finished installing my 2510SXT and need to get the programming set up for efficient potassium chloride use. Total Hardness = 11 No Iron (city water) Two adults 1.5 cu ft system BLFC = .5gpm What should I set the following parameters to? Unit Capacity Safety Factor Day...
  10. chargedmr2

Question about removing valve (Fleck 2510)

Bob, Would PVC be ok even if I had to incorporate quite a few elbows? It's not exactly a straight shot to the drain since I have to pass though a wall as well as cabinets--I would probably need 5 elbows in the run.
  11. chargedmr2

My drain line needs to be fairly long (about 35') to run from valve down to floor across length of garage, back up about 5' and then through a wall into the laundry room to reach washer drain. I've read that 1/2" is not large enough for this run. I think Fleck manual actually says to upsize...
  12. chargedmr2

The tube was about even or maybe just a hair over the threads--nothing noticeable anyway. I have only resin, no gravel in the tank. Everything is ready to go, except that I can't find 3/4" ID PE drain tube anywhere.
  13. chargedmr2

Quick question: I'm installing a new 2510 water softener and after filling the media tank with resin I put the control valve on. After doing so, I remembered that I should fill the tank with water to reduce the amount of air in the lines when the system goes live. I removed the control...
  14. chargedmr2

Matching pex tools, rings, and fittings?

So as long as I have fittigns designed for crimp rings, it doesn't matter which crimper, rings, or fittings I combine?
  15. chargedmr2

Matching pex tools, rings, and fittings?

I'm installing a water softener in the garage. The house is plumbed with PEX pipe and crimped fittings. Here is my question: I bought pex fittings and rings from pexsupply and figured I would just rent the crimper and buy the pipe locally. Is this a bad idea? Do I need to use the same...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks