Search results

1. BrianC

Battery Backup for Tankless Water Heater

It's listed as 97 watts for normal use and 120 watts for anti-frost protection. I'm looking at a Rinnai RL94i.
  2. BrianC

Battery Backup for Tankless Water Heater

I'm thinking about replacing a failing 50gal gas water heater with a tankless unit. The problem is that my house experiences frequent power outages, sometimes days at a time. So far we have been able to weather the outages because the tank heater still provided hot water. If I switch to a...
  3. BrianC

Winterizing Question

I have a 2nd home in West Virginia mountains used on weekends. It gets quite cold there and when we leave, I turn off the water and open the faucets (hot and cold) in the basement to drain the water lines in case power goes out so the pipes don't burst. I leave the heat set at 50 degrees. I...
  4. BrianC

Basement Foam Board Question

Thanks Dana for the detailed response. While I was at Lowes I saw some stuff in a roll called Reflectix, which is basically a thin layer of bubble wrap encased in foil. It has an R value of 3.7 and is only 3/8" thick, so it fits in the gap perfectly. What do you think about using this product...
  5. BrianC

222 views and not a single reply? Is this just an unclear question or did I stump the panel?
  6. BrianC

I'm finishing my basement. I plan to glue 1" XPS to the exterior concrete walls. Then I will build 2x4 walls against the XPS, fill with roxul and cover with drywall. All of the XPS seams will be taped or foamed sealed. I have read a lot about how important it is to make it air tight. My...
  7. BrianC

New Tub?Shower Installation

Thank you HJ and Terry. That makes sense. But I have a feeling that about halfway through this I'll have a new appreciation for you guys that do this for a living, and an expanded four letter word vocabulary. :)
  8. BrianC

Thank you both for your replies. They are very different approaches. I think the one that makes the most sense is to set the drain assembly and then install the tub onto it. I'd like to see if anyone else has any input. Also, for the drain stub that the builder left in the rough-in box: it's...
  9. BrianC

I'm a DIYer finishing my basement. The floor is concrete, which I will tile. The builder left a rough-in for a tub and toilet. I've framed the area for the tub and plan to install a one piece acrylic tub/shower combo, Delta model 226032A. I get how to do all the plumbing for the...
  10. BrianC

Whistling Tub Faucet

Thanks for the responses. I tried switching out the shower head and got the same problem with the other one. I tried playing with the divertor but it didn't help. So I'm going to take your advice and change out the spout. I couldn't find the Delta model at Home Depot or Lowes, so I bought the...
  11. BrianC

Whistling Tub Faucet

I just re-tiled my tub surround. I took off all the fixtures, but left the plumbing alone. It is 12 year old builder installed copper pipes. Fixtures are Moen, probably the cheapest model, single handle control with a pull-up thing on the faucet to turn on the shower. I put on a brand new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks