Search results

1. monkeystomach

Add Sink Beside Washer and Move Supply Valves

Hello, I currently have a front load washer and a front load dryer in my utility room connected to a “classic†washing machine water supply/drain box. This box was intended for a top load machine and is about 40†above the floor. I would like to add a counter over the washer and dryer...
  2. monkeystomach

Kitchen Sink... No Vent? Plus Moving Plumbing

Hi Everyone, The below pictures are of my (old) kitchen sink setup. To me there appears to be no vent. The picture from below the house seems to show the same thing because the 3" pipe that continues to the left connects to the plumbing that leads to the sewer... From the...
  3. monkeystomach

Toilet Supply Size From Wall...

Sorry I'm not sure of the correct terms, but I'll try my best to explain. The current setup that I have running to the toilet is 1/2 copper to 3/8 drop ear elbow in the wall... then a 3/8 pipe to the valve... Lowes does not sell a 3/8 drop ear elbow (only 1/2)... So can I use a 1/2 drop...
  4. monkeystomach

Relocating Closet Flange Help

Hi Everyone; I need your help in relocating a closet flange. The current flange is a little over 14” from the finished wall, and I need it to be 12”, plus I need to move it over 3”. The biggest problem I am having is getting it closer to the wall because there is a sanitary tee that connects a...
  5. monkeystomach

Soldered Joint Faulire Rate?

So I tried all afternoon to solder some copper pipes to a new valve and hook that up to my existing plumbing. I practiced sweating copper yesterday and it was so easy and I did a great job... but today not good at all. My last three joints did not work at all. The solder melted but it...
  6. monkeystomach

Solder or Thread Pipes to Valve?

Hi Everyone, I am going to install a new Kohler 304 valve. I had planned on soldering all the pipes (1/2†copper) to the new valve… should I continue with that plan or can I thread everything together since the ends of the valve all have threads? Also, I'm a little confused with the...
  7. monkeystomach

PEX and Vent Questions

Hi everyone, I'm new here, as you can tell by my post count, and I do have some problems I hope you all can help me with. First I tried searching PEX using the search tool, but every time it says Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. I must be searching wrong because I cannot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks