Search results

1. rhliberman

American Standard Champion toilet

We had one of these toilets about a year ago and we don't like it, or maybe it's not working properly? The problem is that it flushes so quickly and with such little water that the toilet bowl constantly requires cleaning. Is this normal? Can it be adjusted? Or, can I remove the flow...
  2. rhliberman

What is a unicheck??

I'm replacing an old sump pump and the instructions say "When a Unicheck is installed, drill a 1/16" hole in the discharge pipe even with the top of the pump". What exactly is a Unicheck and when would I need one? I'm installing a check valve, but is this something different? Thanks!
  3. rhliberman

Why does my shower water temperature gradually get cooler?

When I set the water temperature before stepping into the shower, within a minute or so I can feel the water getting cooler. I have to continuously keep increasing the hot water. I have plenty of hot water, the temperature just will not stay constant. This only occurs in the master...
  4. rhliberman

Why am I running out of hot water??

Two years ago we replaced our old, small-capacity water heater with a new 50 gallon GE Smart Water gas water heater. The thermostat is set on the high side - not quite scalding but pretty hot. If two people want to take a shower, the second person must wait 30 minutes or so before taking a...
  5. rhliberman

Leaky outdoor spigot

Hi - I have a relatively new (2 years) outdoor faucet similar to this kind: http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=18060 It is leaking badly from the vacuum breaker so I purchased a new vacuum breaker yesterday. However, when I installed it I still have the same problem...
  6. rhliberman

Water temperature fluctuates

We purchased a new GE 50 gallon gas water heater 2 years ago. We've noticed, while showering, that the water temperature fluctuates and we have to keep adjusting the hot/cold faucets. We do not run out of hot water; the temperature just will not stay the same. I drained it exactly one year ago...
  7. rhliberman

Replaced compression valve stems - hard to turn

I just replaced both shower faucet compression valves and valve seats. When I installed them I greased them with plumbers grease, but after a day or so they are hard to turn again. What did I do wrong?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks