Search results

1. Yankee1423

Rotate toilet after it has been set

I had a friend come in and install a toilet in our remodeled basement. When I got home, I noticed right away that the tank was 1/4" further from the wall on one side then the other. I measured the distance to the bolts and they are even. Would I be looking for trouble if I loosened the bolts...
  2. Yankee1423

Critique my Electrical Plan

Want to have a plan to present the electrician. I may try to run most of the circuits myself back to the box and let him do the rest. I wasn't sure if it would be advisable to go to 20 A w/ 12/x on some of the circuits such as the can lights. Currently the basement has a 15A circuit for...
  3. Yankee1423

Basement Insulation Options

I am in the process of finishing a basement (location is Iowa with cold winters and humid summers). The builder had put up all of the exterior walls already and put in unfaced fiberglass between the studs. After reading several articles and posts, I think putting in XPS foam board would be a...
  4. Yankee1423

Outlet Spacing

I'm drawing up my electric plan for a basement finish and came ran into a spot where I may have electrical outlet overkill. This all goes back to the rule requiring outlets on any wall 2' or more. As you can see in the diagram, I have a closet in the bedroom where the walls are all right...
  5. Yankee1423

Sump Pump Lid

This is probably a dumb question but I can't seem to figure out how I would remove my sump pump lid cover. There is a passive radon system along with the sump pump. I would like to get a backup system put in the pit but to do that I need to be able to remove the lid. Will I end up having to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks