Search results

1. Regis Tration

Submersible Well Pump Sizing Help Please

I have a well in an extremely remote location on an island 10 miles off the coast of Maine. I would hire a professional to help but I haven’t found anyone who is willing to travel out there on a boat. The submersible well pump needs to be replaced. I need to know what size pump to buy. I don’t...
  2. Regis Tration

Well Pump Horsepower

I have a well that is in an extremely remote location. I want a spare submersible well pump so that I will be ready with a replacement when the existing pump fails. I don't know the horsepower of the pump that is in the well now; I only know that it is 240 volts. I suspect that the existing pump...
  3. Regis Tration

What Is This Pipe Adjacent To Well Casing?

I am trying to understand the design of my well. It was probably drilled in the 1980s or 1990s. The well is in a remote off-grid location on an ocean island approximately 10 miles out to sea. What is the small black polyethylene pipe that is adjacent to the well casing? (Please see the pictures...
  4. Regis Tration

What To Do With Well Pump Safety Rope In Conduit

Hello: I want to install conduit between the well cap and the electrical box (please see picture). What is the correct method for routing the pump safety rope? Should it be threaded into the electrical box and then out again? Also, can I use a reducer fitting to reduce the diameter of the...
  5. Regis Tration

Reuse or Replace Cracked Cast Iron Toilet Flange?

My cast iron toilet flange is cracked but otherwise solid. Can I reuse it or should I replace it? If replace, what type of replacement do you recommend? Thank you.
  6. Regis Tration

Grounding A Well

Recently I had no choice but to cut off the corroded top of my well casing. Here is what it looked like: I replaced the casing with PVC and a Fernco coupling. I know that many people disapprove of the Fernco coupling, but the well is in an extremely remote ocean island location with no...
  7. Regis Tration

How Is This Pitless Adapter Different?

My well has a copper pipe that appears to rise from the pitless adapter (please see the pictures). The copper pipe has a plug at the top. The pipe is pressurized when the well pump runs. I looked at a new pitless adapter and the threaded hole in the top is for a "pull pipe" and is not even open...
  8. Regis Tration

How To Remove And Replace Pump In Well With Pitless Adapter

Hello: I am going to need to remove the pump from my well so that I can try to cut away the corroded well casing (please see picture) and replace it with new casing. Can I just pull on the copper pipe that rises above the well casing to raise the pump? (please see picture) Will that damage...
  9. Regis Tration

Using Generator To Power Well Pump

I have a Goulds Model 7GS05422 well pump. It is referred to as “2 wire†but has 3 wires actually running to it. To power the pump using a 240 volt generator, which wires from the generator should be connected to which wires on the pump motor? The generator has a NEMA L14-30 connector...
  10. Regis Tration

Cutting And Then Extending Well Casing

I have a well in a very remote location close to the ocean, where it is exposed to salt air. The portion of the well casing that is above the soil is severely corroded. I would like to replace the corroded casing. I had in mind to dig out the soil surrounding the casing a few inches deep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks