Search results

1. 606zpx

Aquapure now installed--water is not as slippery as I expected

Well, water now feeling slick as I was expecting so I guess it was washing out the lines, water heater, whatever. Now to get waterspots off of everything from the prior hard water.
  2. 606zpx

I dont mind the slick feeling. You just have to retrain your mind that the slickness is not residual soap.
  3. 606zpx

Used sharkbite valves to set up the bypass. Dont think there is any significant leak (couldnt hear anything when I close the valve and there was no flow whatsover) The water is definitely more slick than baseline water. I will give it some time and if there is any doubt, will test the water...
  4. 606zpx

When you say clean up the pipe do you mean finally washing out all unsoftened water?
  5. 606zpx

Could be the problem. I have a recirculation pump that pull hot water down to the kitchen faucet intermittently so that it does not take as long for hot water to get there. Maybe there is significant residual unsoftened water in the tank? I guess I will give it a few days. The water should...
  6. 606zpx

Having had soft water at a relatives house, the water was quite slick.....like not being able to get all of the soap off in the shower. Have installed my Aquapure with Clack ws-1 cs valve (amazingly no plumbing leaks) and the water is softer but not as slick as I expected. Could slightly...
  7. 606zpx

Two main question--new softener

Thank you Bob....makes sense now. For those out there that really want a Clack valve set up but cant buy on line due to the policy change.....I bought my unit at Ferguson Supplies.....made by Cuno/3m under the name Aquapure. When I called them a couple times asking questions I had folks on the...
  8. 606zpx

Wonderful discourse....now, can either of you address the following questions: Why 11000 grains vs 7000 grains? Difference between P7 and P2, advantages/disadvantages of each. What is the factory set program? Isnt the Clack CS a metered valve (thus the normal + on 0 setting)?
  9. 606zpx

1. The GPM figure came from Aquapures specifications. 2. I noted that the instructions indicated to remove the salt grid for doses less than 6lbs. 3. big dripper hit my question on the mark....it wasnt the health consequence but the yard effects. I plan to do general watering with...
  10. 606zpx

WS-1 CS (which I understand is much easier to program) I assume the amount of sodium in the water is proportional to the amount of hardness removed....therefore, with relatively modest hardness the amount of sodium released would be quite low.
  11. 606zpx

Have received new Aquapure CWS100ME which has the Clack valve. 1 cuft. 11gpm. 1. Need help with clack settings: Hardness 6.5-7. city water. Two people. Factor in for washing car/boat occ. and have 3 dogs that don't require a lot of water. 2. I was considering potassium salt since the...
  12. 606zpx

Appreciate the consistent replies. Are you a plumber by trade?

Appreciate the consistent replies. Are you a plumber by trade?
  13. 606zpx

Need to verify appropriate size of softener

Alright...I sincerely appreciate the assistance: 2 full bathrooms-regular shower heads 2 people, 3 dogs Wash boat and car at times may run d/w and/or washing machine while showering 3/4 copper coming into house City water, 6gpg Looking at Aquapure softeners (Clack ws-1 cs head) see...
  14. 606zpx

Confusing results

Anybody else care to stop arguing amongst themselves and offer an opinion:p .....if your water were 6gpg would you get a softener. Money not being the primary consideration.
  15. 606zpx

Confusing results

Good reply. I am not worried about the economics as much as I wonder if there will be a significant enough improvement in quality of life to warrant softening. Quality of life insofar as less spotting, easier cleaning, etc. I guess what I am asking.....is there a tangible difference in...
  16. 606zpx

Confusing results

Well.......test result had run showed around 6 gpg of hardness (I may get a second test elsewhere to confirm) I have experience soft water before and what I have is definitely not it. Our water leaves lots of spots and deposits on fixtures, etc. When bathing you get the squeaky type clean...
  17. 606zpx

Aquapure softener

Is that a direct number for someone at Clack.....if so I am probably not expending more effort contacting them directly since I have now found a local OEM supplier
  18. 606zpx

Aquapure softener

Commentary: 1. The product seems to be pretty sound and the customer support is definitely there. It does not hurt that this is a 3m company. I have called twice to get some information and had a very friendly tech person on the phone within a minute or two. The cws series has the clack cs...
  19. 606zpx

Aquapure softener

The price on the CWS100ME (1 cuft) is $730 which is not terrible considering this is a retail outlet.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks