Search results

1. Jackie123

Drain for dishwasher. Reroute?

Thanks for the helpful information. I think draining it into the bathroom would be good. The tailpiece for the bathroom is smaller. Kitchen tailpiece are 1 1/2 and bathroom 1 1/4. I checked but it seems as if they only make one size 1 1/2 inch.Wondering if I could find some sort of adapter I...
  2. Jackie123

Drain for dishwasher. Reroute?

Hi, Unfortunately dishwasher repair person said my problem is the drain for my dishwasher is plugged where it goes into abs drain pipe. More unfortunate, is that the hose for the dishwasher goes though the floor into basement behind an enclosed finished wall. Can not see where it joins the...
  3. Jackie123

Can remove chrome sleeve on stem

Just put the stems in, turned water on and NO Leaks! Thanks for your help. Knowing what type of stem it was how to remove made it possible to get the job done. Thanks again.
  4. Jackie123

Should wrap the stems with white plumping tape before putting them in.
  5. Jackie123

Thanks, your are right, closed sink tape and no water coming out tape in bathtub. Do not understand why but I glad it is ok. Will put the stems in and see what happens. I appreciate you help.
  6. Jackie123

I now have both stems out and I did buy new seat for the faucet and seat wrench but they did not come out easily so I decide I would just put the new stems in and hope the seats were ok. But I think I might have another problem. My cold water line is shut off just before the cold bathtub faucet...
  7. Jackie123

Success! I heated the stem up again and cranked really hard since I knew I was doing the right thing and I got it out. Once I get a new stem, do I need to replace the seat or is it part of the new stem.
  8. Jackie123

I have turned water of with shut off valve. I installed the shut valve in case I ran into a problem and did not want to have water off to the whole house. I looked on the Internet and it does look like crane dial eye stem. That is good to know! Now just have to try and get it out.
  9. Jackie123

I have tried turning the part with the 2 flats but it does not move but the pipes in the wall are not happy when I use a lot of force. I put a shut of valve in downstairs so if the pipe in the wall broke I will not have a leak in the wall.
  10. Jackie123

Tried turning the handel but the stem does not turn.
  11. Jackie123

Looked on Internet their are pencil torch attachments but they all use propane. Saw one very small one that uses butane. I really new to plumbing repairs and I do not know a great deal about different tools.
  12. Jackie123

I can remove that piece but it is just a small brass ring with threads underneath
  13. Jackie123

Trying to fix leak in bathtub faucet. Handles were hard to remove but sleeve will not come of. Tried heating them, penetrating oil but will not move. It is hard to grip them as every slips off. Can I remove stem while sleeve in place.
  14. Jackie123

Replacement oil boiler with propane condensing boiler vs conventional gas boiler

Thank you for all your information. I have raised bungalow, 2 bedroom upstairs, bathroom, open concept living room, dinning, kitchen, 65 ft. of baseboard. Down stairs, 2 bedroom, bathroom, family room, furnace/laundry room, only 32 feet of baseboard for a total of 97. The down stairs was...
  15. Jackie123

Replacement oil boiler with propane condensing boiler vs conventional gas boiler

Hi, I think I have to replace my oil boiler which is about 60( I think it is the original boiler) years old as it does no longer meet codes, I cannot get any more oil delivered unless I can fix the problem. Since my water heat is oil and 16 years old it will have to also be replaced. I realize...
  16. Jackie123

screw hole in copper pipe

Hi, I was putting a plywood sub floor down today in my entrance way on top of plank flooring and screwing the plywood down. When I was finish I proudly looked at my work. Thinking I was getting closer to laying down my tiles. Then I looked at my raditors and was hoping I was not all that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks