Search results

1. blitziger

Hot water recirculation system design questions

I am currently living in my finished basement while we are renovating the upper floors. I just passed rough-in inspection for the upstairs baths and kitchen, and I mentioned to the inspector that we were sometimes running out of hot water for our shower when the basement slab hydronic heating...
  2. blitziger

Test ball location

I've just finished the replacement of some under slab ABS rough plumbing, placed a test ball in the main drain at the test tee, and all seemed to be sealed with 10' of head. I bought the ball type tester with the chain because it was considerably cheaper than the balloon type that threads into...
  3. blitziger

Trap primer installation

Can anyone explain how a trap primer actually works and whether I'm installing the adapter in the right place. I've read here on this forum and elsewhere that the valve is activated by a pressure change. I'm assuming that is a change in water pressure, and I'm hoping that means that there is...
  4. blitziger

Shut off valve stuck

Does anyone know how this valve operates. It controls our lawn sprinkler system and I trying to turn it on for the first time, but I don’t want to force it too much for fear of breaking it. It won’t move when trying to turn it either clockwise or counter clockwise. It has just a little...
  5. blitziger

vent for basement drain UPC

I'm replacing an old basement floor drain that neither has a trap or a vent. The drain is in the lowest spot in the basement and is required for the occasional foundation leak. The new drain will be inspected. I've read quite a bit on this forum about the necessity for a trap primer and I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks