Search results

1. MTcummins

Clicking/rattling sound when well runs

I've looked around a bit, and seen some instances of rapid cycling, etc, but what I'm seeing seems a bit different from most of what I've seen elsewhere. I bought a vacation/rental house with a well. Its my first well, so I'm learning a lot about how they work, etc. Planning to redo some...
  2. MTcummins

Drain Water Heat Recovery system design

Normally, this would be pretty simple, but my system is not that simple, so here goes. I have an open radiant floor heat system, so its combined with my DHW. Yes, I'm well aware of everyone's concerns about legionaires, etc, and have addressed them all with redundancy in both temperature and...
  3. MTcummins

Power Vent Water Heater Exhaust Question

Hi all, I have a power vent tank in an investment property, with a 3" PVC vent that turns horizontal immediately off the top of the blower and goes to the side wall, not sure exact distance, but around 15 feet or so. It has a pretty significant amount of pitch up towards the wall...
  4. MTcummins

3-way, dual timer switch wiring

One of my investment properties has an existing single pole backfed (no neutral in box) switch powering the basement lights. I want to have it turned into a 3-way with the existing switch location at the top of the basement stairs, and add an additional switch at the back door leading out to...
  5. MTcummins

3" Spigot offset closet flange?

Hi All, I've been searching everywhere, and can't seem to find a 3" spigot (inside 3" hub fitting) offset closet flange anywhere. Does anyone make such an animal? The closest thing I've found is the Sioux Chief 45 degree one, but that doesn't work for my install, as it required a side...
  6. MTcummins

Trying to find source of sewer gas smell

I manage a bunch of rental properties, and one of the properties is complaining of sewer gas smell. I smell it too upon inspection. It is in a sort of hallway section of a master bath. Along one side of the hallway is the walk in shower, the other side is wall with a doorway to a walk in...
  7. MTcummins

Low end Totos

I did a search, and couldn't find any information about this. I've been fighting with my own Drake II a bit with streaking issues, but that's another post. I'm still overall happy with Toto's build quality, flush power, etc. I manage a bunch of rental property and am in the process of...
  8. MTcummins

Proper fitting to turn a stack horizontal below slab

Hi, I had to cut a new footer into my basement floor during a reno I'm currently doing on my house, and the drain stack runs through the new footer. We're checking with the structural engineer to be sure that it can be encased in the footer, but in the meantime I'm replacing the old cast...
  9. MTcummins

A. O. Smith won't fire... please help!

Hey All, I have an A.O. Smith BTX-80 commercial water heater that I use for both potable water and radiant floor heating in my house. A year ago, an idiot developer tore down the row house next to mine and ended up doing significant damage to my house, so I drained the whole system to avoid...
  10. MTcummins

A few code questions

Someone (sorry, I forget who) posted a link to this very nice compilation of fittings and basic code requirements on a thread. The majority of it I was familiar with, but there were a couple questions that came up as I read through it. Any edumacation you can give would be much appreciated :)...
  11. MTcummins

Drain line in exterior wall?

Good evening/weekend all, I'm doing some remodeling that requires moving the drain line for a shower. There is almost no good way to do this, so what I'd like to do is kill 2 birds with one drain line and put it into a new furring wall on an exterior double brick wall, and then spray the...
  12. MTcummins

2 Air Admittance Valves on double sink, IPC 2009

Hey All, My local inspector allowed me to use AAVs on my kitchen double sink, as there was no good way to hard vent it. He said that a double wye with an AAV off the top was not allowed in our municipality, and that I have to have 2 AAVs. I guess a 2" hard vent is ok off the top of a double...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks