Search results

1. Oakland

UPC Code and wall mount sinks

Sink Here is what I have now. I plan to cut the copper and continue the lines up the the wall mount height. The hold which is visible in the base plate of the wall (left of the giant gouge) is the new hole i drilled to connect the vent to the toilet drain (out of frame). So if I cut the ABS...
  2. Oakland

Wall mount I guess I am not sure what it means to "arm over." Do you have any photos? Terry, you have been a lifesaver in this project, Thanks
  3. Oakland

I am moving along with a bathroom remodel project and I have hit a snag on the bathroom sink. The vanity is an antique table with a vessel sink. The table is open on the bottom so the P trap will be exposed. The faucet we chose is a Watermark Designs wall mount faucet with a hot and cold...
  4. Oakland

Toilet

I am renovating a bathroom and I have to move the toilet about three inches. I know this could be a pain in the a$$ but the bigger pain is that I had to remove the sub floor and sister the joists. Now moving my toilet a couple inches is a breeze with the ABS. Here are the questions: 1) The...
  5. Oakland

Small bathroom blues

Moving a toilet I am reinforcing the joists in the bathroom and trying to fix some of the gouging with sister joists. I drilled a new hole for my 2" ABS vent which connects to the 3" drain for the toilet. I have a sanitary Tee on the drain pipe which reduces in size to 2" on the T. From the...
  6. Oakland

Small bathroom blues

Project Update This has turned into the $$$ pit! I removed the sub floor, a recommendation by my carpenter, and found the floor joists in the room were completely notched out. My wife wanted to move the shower controls from their current location to the opposite wall. I did not think it...
  7. Oakland

New Laundry Vent

Vents I realize that removing a bathroom is risky but there are four bathrooms in the house (three on the main level and one downstairs) but the laundry is in the unfinished dundgeon. Removing the bathroom makes the house a 4 bed 3 bath with a bath directly across the hall from two of the...
  8. Oakland

New Laundry Vent

Proposed vent Hopefully this helps explain my question.
  9. Oakland

New Laundry Vent

Laundry Thanks Terry. Can I run the vent through the ceiling and connect it to the waste pipe below the floor and just have the washer trap on it? I am not asking this correctly but basically I am asking if I have to connect the horizontal vent in the photo you posted?
  10. Oakland

New Laundry Vent

I have gutted a bathroom and I am currently in the process of converting it into a laundry room. The space is 13x6.5 and things are coming along nicely. I removed the linoleum sub floor and particle board below it as well as a 400 pound cast iron tub. The drain material is ABS so it is pretty...
  11. Oakland

Small bathroom blues

Drain removal I gutted the room to studs and I'm working on removing the tile and concrete board from the floor. I cut and smashed the fiberglass shower enclosure out but I still have about a one foot in diameter ring of the fiberglass shower stall attached to the ABS drain. Any suggestions...
  12. Oakland

Small bathroom blues

The only good thing the previous owners did was upgrade to ABS and Copper. Once I finish removing the plaster and get the rough-in schematics from the fixture guy I will post a photo with a drawing of what I intend to do over what I have now and let you guys have at it. One more question. I...
  13. Oakland

Small bathroom blues

Thanks for the quick responses. I hope the photo helps. I did not intend to reconnect the vent to the same place on the stack. I have to remove the horizontal vent pipe because according to the permits I pulled, the "professional plumbers" that did this job cut away 80% of the joist which is...
  14. Oakland

Small bathroom blues

Hello, I am remodeling a small bathroom in my 1920’s Mediterranean and I am trying to make my old man (who was a plumber) proud by doing the work myself. I have gutted the room to studs and I am coming up on the “put it back together†stage of this which is good because if I don’t my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks