Search results

1. pinkoos

Rehau PEX any good?

Continuing my progress in getting quotes for a repipe and found a highly reputable plumber who uses Rehau PEX. I hadn't heard of this brand until he mentioned it last night. Just wondering if anybody has any info on this brand. Good? Very good? Stay away? Before I heard of Rehau, I...
  2. pinkoos

Any disadvantages to horizontal repipe now and vertical later?

In reference to a couple of threads today, I'm just wondering if there is any disadvantage to getting the horizontals repiped now and putting off the verticals until some of our summer vacation, guests, etc. are over and done with? I know the general consensus is to NOT do a partial repipe...
  3. pinkoos

Rust on exterior of galvanized pipes = sign of imminent fail?

In reference to this thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?41537-Layperson-needs-advice-on-house-repipe-and-old-galvanized-pipes When I was up in the attic with the plumber last night while he was assessing the situation for his quote, we found one galvanized pipe that had...
  4. pinkoos

Layperson needs advice on house repipe and old galvanized pipes

Hi, We're in a 30 year old house with apparently "cheap, foreign made" galvanized pipes that have started failing (previous owner had a couple of leaks a few years ago and we just had our first pinhole last week). We're in a hard water area. When we first bought the house, I got a quote...
  5. pinkoos

Can softener cause old galvanized pipes to start leaking?

Hi, Newbie here. Found this site from googling. Excellent resource. I searched for my question here, but couldn't find any posts, so I hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere. Anyway, we've moved into a house in Houston built in 1982 and remodeled/additions made in the 90s and again in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks