Search results

1. pos1

Won't auto-regenerate, manual OK

I guess it's a cabinet unit. Its on the floor and has a salt tank capacity of about four 40lb bags. It has a digital control unit as the head. I can only set the current time of day, regenerate time of day and the hardness. Before this the hardness was set at 50. I did a hw store water...
  2. pos1

Won't auto-regenerate, manual OK

a little background. Moved into house 2 years ago. Morton water softener. Well and septic. Existing whole-house filter, but it wasn't mounted correctly so I had a plumber fix. After 1 year of perfectly clean filters I figured the original shut-off valve to the filter was bypassing the...
  3. pos1

well house fills with water after lots of rain...how to fix?

I am replacing my well house this weekend. It's about 5-6' from the cabin. The cabin is built up on a gentle slope about 2' higher than the surrounding ground. So, when we get a heavy rain, my well house "holds" about 12" of water. It's never gotten high enough to enter the well pipe, but...
  4. pos1

Installing 12" toilet in 14" rough-in

Is it true that the toilet itself will also stick out an extra 2" or will there only be the extra 2" gap between the tank and the wall? I hadn't thought about the toilet actually sticking out more. I guess I had figured that the 14" offset was for toilets that were larger in the tank area (for...
  5. pos1

Installing 12" toilet in 14" rough-in

I am replacing an existing toilet with a new dual-flush toilet. The rough-in is 14". the toilet I want to install is a 12" rough-in (I'm certain I can't get it in a 14" rough-in). Is the only problem I'll run into cosmetic, in that the tank will sit an add'l 2" from the wall from the existing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks