Search results

1. Benwes

Brownish globules from water heater

When said I flush into a bucket it is with a hose. Since on a well it flushes best when the system is at its highest pressure. Not enough force at lower pressures so a diminishing return. The stuff is not magnetic. What does a magnesium anode degrade to in soft water with a ph of 6.8?
  2. Benwes

The water heater is 4 to 5 years old. I flush it into a 5 gallon bucket several times a week. I drained and refilled last week. My last softener failed and I know what that looks like in a water heater. It's not the same. It's not resin.
  3. Benwes

When I blowdown the water heater I have been getting brownish globules that come out like some larger chunk was in the tank. I poured some bleach on the stuff in a bucket and no reaction. When I put Iron Out on it it bubbles and eventually turns close to white. I have a filter before the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks