Search results

1. SuperAcer99

American Standard Toilet Tanks

I have an American Standard Champion 4 two piece toilet that I would like to replace the tank on. What American Standard model name toilet tanks are interchangeable with an American Standard Champion 4 bowl, or is only the Champion 4 tank compatible with the Champion 4 bowl? Thank you.
  2. SuperAcer99

Toilet Repair Kit for American Standard Champion 4

Which Fluidmaster complete toilet repair kit is compatible with the AS Champion 4 toilet? Thanks.
  3. SuperAcer99

American Standard Champion 4 1.6gpf vs 1.28gpf

I recently had three American Standard Champion 4 1.6gpf right height toilets installed in my house that I absolutely love that replaced the builder grade 1.6gpf Crane toilets that came with the house. I realize that they do not receive favorable reviews on this forum, but I love them and no...
  4. SuperAcer99

Water Softener Cleansers

I purchased a Whirlpool water softener and the owners manual recommends adding their brand of 24oz liquid water softener cleanser every 4 months. Other companies offer gallon size bottles of liquid resin cleaner for not much more $. Would a resin cleaner function the same as a water softener...
  5. SuperAcer99

Old vs New Water Softener Bypass Valves

I have an old two part water softener (separate brine tank and resin tank) with a Fleck 5600 valve and a relatively new (two years old) copper 3/4" bypass valve. My new Whirlpool WEHS33 water softener that's all one unit comes with a PVC 1" bypass valve. I would prefer to use my newer existing...
  6. SuperAcer99

Price Pfister Pull-Out Faucet Spray Head Replacement

I bought a brand new "generic" replacement pull out faucet spray head to replace my Price Pfister that is yellowed. The PF has a straightforward male/female connection joint to the spray handle. Based on the enclosed picture, how am I going to get the male end into the new white generic spray...
  7. SuperAcer99

Converting 3/8"OD x 3/8"OD supply line to 3/8"ODx1/2"IPS

I bought a 20"long 3/8"OD x 3/8"OD stainless steel faucet supply line and it turns out I didn't need it. Since most household faucet supply lines are 3/8"OD by 1/2" IPS, I was wondering if there is an adapter than could "covert" this hose to 3/8"x1/2"IPS to where I can use it around the house...
  8. SuperAcer99

85 PSI Water Pressure

Last week, the screen at the end of the distributor tube in my water softener broke sending resin through the pipes in the house. A plumber came out and cleared the lines, replaced the bypass boot and flushed out the resin the water heater. The plumber suggested that the PRV be replaced because...
  9. SuperAcer99

Repair/Replacement Options

Hello, I have a 16 year old 32k grain water softening unit with a Fleck 5600 Econominder Valve on it. The basket/screen on the end of the tube in the resin tank cylinder broke sending resin breads throughout the pipes in the house. I had a plumber come out earlier today to unclog the...
  10. SuperAcer99

Silicone Base Waterproofing Sealant

I was able to buy at a very low price some high quality silicone rubber based sealant for waterproofing wood, tile, concrete, stucco, stone etc and was wondering which of these applications would be best to this type of sealant on? The composition is 8% Silicone Rubber. 1) A resurfacing of a...
  11. SuperAcer99

Moldy Wood Door--Paint or Replace

I purchased a wood front door with glass inserts for an apartment in coastal San Diego in 2003. The front patio area in the four years after I purchased the door had a problem with water ponding or pooling during heavy rains. As a result, it took a long time for things to dry out and the the...
  12. SuperAcer99

Steam Vacuum Cleaners

I have about 500 sq ft of regular Stainmaster type carpeting in my house that hasn't had a professional or steam cleaning in 4 years. I would like to get your opinion on under $200 steam vacuum cleaners from companies like Hoover and Bissell? I have a Hoover Floormate that I use for the tile...
  13. SuperAcer99

Hot Water Heater Replacement and Necessary Parts

I spent a few hours researching 40 gallon electric hot water heaters and I have read a lot of complaints about the popular brands, and it seems like their quality has declined over the years. The water heater in question that I am thinking about replacing is a Rheem 40 gallon electric hot water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks