Search results

1. Rickcusaf

Rheem 04EAUSR. Igniter doesn't glow.

I appreciate it. The model number starts with RGDG. Serial: DF5D302F069602895
  2. Rickcusaf

It did, but there is no money for an HVAC guy right now. They charge $75 an hour here with a minimum of one hour charged. It hasn't smelled like gas since though. When it happened the first time it was right after I had changed the ignitor and the slow-blow fuse. How much are the control boards...
  3. Rickcusaf

Sorry for the delay in replying. The main board has three lights. The Power and Ok lights are on, but the Flame light isn't. Nothing flashes nor do I see any noticeable warning. I'd love to spring for the HVAC guy, but my wife lost her job early December and money is super tight right now. It...
  4. Rickcusaf

Would that cause the hot surface ignitor to not glow though? Right now the ignitor is still not glowing.
  5. Rickcusaf

Where would that be located so I can check it? I did some searching and only found stuff about Oil burners?
  6. Rickcusaf

I ended up replacing the ignitor based on what a local HVAC guy said. It still didn't glow, but when I turned it on this time, the gas started going and didn't shut off. I ended up turning off and unplugging the unit, because the whole house started to smell like gas.
  7. Rickcusaf

I have a Rheem 04EAUSR and when I turn it on and set it to call for heat, the unit starts up and blows air, but it's not hot. When I went to the garage to look at it, the flame wasn't on. I went through the quick check guide on under the panel and after following the steps I've found out that my...
  8. Rickcusaf

Toilet Clogged

Yup, I didn't know she had been flushing them until she asked me if that might be the problem. Looks like it's not the drain. The grinder pump light turned on after my last post and my guess is some of that junk got stuck in either the blade or the impeller.
  9. Rickcusaf

Toilet Clogged

The water level stays the same in the drain. When the bowl is attached the water drains slowly from the bowl.
  10. Rickcusaf

Toilet Clogged

My fiance flushed a few tampons down the toilet and now the water drains incredibly slowly. I've tried using an Auger, Liquid Lightning, and pulled the toilet off to snake it from the back too. It looks like the clog is down in the pipe itself, but I'm not 100% sure how to check. I tried...
  11. Rickcusaf

Contactor replacement

Here are pictures of my current setup for my contactor. The wiring mirrors how my old setup was with the exception of the two wires on the side. The original setup had the brown wire on the top portion and the yellow wire on the bottom one. Someone has said that I may need to build a jumper for...
  12. Rickcusaf

Contactor replacement

They were disconnected at the time, but I connected them shortly after posting. Right now my biggest problem is that my gas furnace isn't turning on at all. I've used a multi-meter to check my wall voltage and it's good and the next step was to check the slow-blow fuse and it seems a little...
  13. Rickcusaf

Contactor replacement

I had the HVAC guy come out to my place and he told me the contactor and capacitor needed to be replaced. He wrote down the parts I needed and I ordered them from a local appliance store. The new contactor looks much different from my old one and I want to make sure I do it right. The two big...
  14. Rickcusaf

New GE 40 gallon. Low pressure over the entire house.

I went to my local ace hardware and luckily they have a plumber on staff. I used my camera to take pictures of everything before I went and showed him my setup. Everything is working now. I cut off the copper pipe going from my pop off valve back into the top of my tank (per his advice) I...
  15. Rickcusaf

I've kept the water heater off the entire time. $220 an hour isn't cheap.
  16. Rickcusaf

I appreciated the help. I'm going to relocated my water valve off to the side so I have more room to work with since it's all kind of jammed in there and I'm going to run a flex line after that to the water heater itself. How does that sound?
  17. Rickcusaf

Right now cost is an issue and the cheapest plumber around wants $220 an hour plus materials. I'll replace the gas line with a new one and the fittings used are the ones that were the ones I had from the previous w/h and mated up. What would you recommend I change with the vent? There is an ace...
  18. Rickcusaf

I've been reading through and I think the culprit may be my water inlet line. The copper flex tube is kinked in two places, but I wanted to ask if anyone else had some ideas. I'm enclosing some pictures to show how it's currently setup. Also, is it safe to turn on the heating element? I've left...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks