Search results

1. gilmil

pipe hangers 1" copper

I was over my parent's place this weekend and my dad sent me down to the basement to checkout their pipe hangers. It turns out that the majority of the plastic J pipe hangers holding the heating pipes up are broken. The heat pipes are mostly 1" and make about a 70 foot run (long long ranch)...
  2. gilmil

toilet flange question

We had our bathroom roughed in, then tiled. When all's said and done we're left with a 3" elbow that's 1.25" below the grade of the floor. I have a flange that will fit into the 3" elbow, but it seems like only a depth of 1/2 to 3/4" of PVC will be glued. The plumbing was planned for 1/4" backer...
  3. gilmil

Radiator piping

All of the hot water radiators on the second floor of our house (1929 construction) have a valve, then a tee on the same side of the radiator. The water comes in from the vale, through a center passage of the tee and into the radiator. I assume the cold water is then forced out through the...
  4. gilmil

routing drain lines, IPC

Hi There, My wife and I are redoing our upstairs bathroom due to several mistakes made by the prior owners. The most major of which was cutting two floor joists in half in order to perform a plumbing repair: ! Here's a horrible drawing of the bathroom layout and the plumbing the way that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks