Search results

1. Mcdonaldb

Tub P Trap Lower than drain line

I recently installed a Kohler archer tub, which has 1 1/2" pvc for both drain and overflow. My drain line is 1 1/2" ABS, because of the provided kohler sanitary tee, my p trap will be lower than it was before, and lower than the drain line. My original thought was to come off the bottom of the...
  2. Mcdonaldb

Replace ABS Closet bend tight space

I put a street elbow on and purchased a 2 1/2" closet flange. The opening is alittle large where a few holes in the flange wont have subfloor, i will backer the subfloor with a 2x4 to make up that gap.
  3. Mcdonaldb

Here are some photos, i did try to get a 4x3 on there and it just wouldnt go, ive cleaned off the abs glue as best as i could on the vertical, hopefully i can still apply a new fitting over it.
  4. Mcdonaldb

yeah i have a 4 x 3 Exactly,
  5. Mcdonaldb

what if i use a short elbow, that might be below the floor entirely? Or a 3" street elbow, that would be smaller than a 4x3 closet bend, a 3x3 closet bend would be ideal, but i cannot find one.
  6. Mcdonaldb

Terry, its a closet bend, so it is my 90, the horizontal is just below the sub floor so to get the closet bend onto the horizontal the angle dosnt allow for them to come together straight. and there is no play in that short horizontal.
  7. Mcdonaldb

Im doing a bathroom remodel, replacing vinyl flooring with tile and because of the new buildup for the tile,my closet flange was too low. The old closet flange came down through the floor to a short maybe 15" horizontal piece of pipe that is just about 3"s below the subfloor and then into the...
  8. Mcdonaldb

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

I ordered a Drake in Colonial White and a matching Self closing Seat in the same color, the seat box says colonial white on the sticker, but its not exactly the same color as the toilet, is there a product code on the seat anywhere, i cannot seem to find one, how do i know what color seat i got...
  9. Mcdonaldb

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

I am about to install my closet flange and wanted to verify this would work with a toto drake toilet, the flange will be on top of the tile and is a Sioux Chief TKO, ABS. I guess my only concern is the height as the flange and the lip will be above tile? thanks,
  10. Mcdonaldb

Terry, i should install the closet flange over the tile also, correct? and this can be a regular closet flange from a big box store, i don't need anything specific for the Toto toilets.
  11. Mcdonaldb

Toto aquia III install I'm in the process of finishing a new bathroom, i am just about to tile the bath floor and am interested in a Aquia III. I have seen the Install pdf from Toto's website but want to make sure im not missing something. I have never installed a toilet so this is all new to...
  12. Mcdonaldb

Shower P-Trap Help

Terry the vertical part of that tee is for vent only and was rough-in from the builder for basement shower and sink, i like to follow code and that is why i have pulled a permit for the basement remodel, my cousin helped me with plumbing and was a plumber for many years, but that was prior to...
  13. Mcdonaldb

Shower P-Trap Help

Hj, i cannot use this configuration if that tee is for the vent? i thought that was OK.
  14. Mcdonaldb

Shower P-Trap Help

It was inspected and he did sign off on it without question, but hard to say if he really looked that close. from 2009 minnesota plumbing code: 4715.2410 CHANGE IN DIRECTION. Changes in direction in drainage piping shall be made by the appropriate use of 45 degree wyes, long or short sweep...
  15. Mcdonaldb

Shower P-Trap Help

I installed this when i moved the vent stack to make room for a bigger shower. its under a wall now and would be a pain to remove. i have attached a photo just to verify we are talking about the same thing. the sanitary tee connects the vent and then continues on.
  16. Mcdonaldb

Shower P-Trap Help

Thank you, i already have the ABS version of the drain and will check out John Bridge site.
  17. Mcdonaldb

Shower P-Trap Help

Terry, forgive my ignorance, but what do you consider the "trap arm". Do I just simply pitch drain 1/4" per foot? I am assuming the 'stand pipe' is the vertical piece coming out of trap? Also, I'm going to be using a kerdi drain on this shower, can i just grab a 4" ABS coupling and put that...
  18. Mcdonaldb

Shower P-Trap Help

I am very much a plumbing novice and looking for some help on this, I had a shower drain already in my basement slab when my house was first built, i now am finishing off that basement space and had to move the vent and drain for the shower from original location. I have positioned the trap in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks