Search results

1. chris1044

Well pump short cycling...pitless adapter leaking externally

Casing was measured on I.D., and brass barb fitting was used on the poly. Hot water was used to heat the poly as well....did this because the f'er wouldn't fit by hand:D...had no idea it was standard practice.
  2. chris1044

Online ordering ?

I ordered my stuff from ohio pure water roughly 1 year ago....I'm in MI, but it showed up within 2 days, and they had the best prices I could find. After the installation, I still had some smell in the water, so I e-mailed them (iron smell, not sulfur) and they were very helpful on walking me...
  3. chris1044

My casing is a 5"....per my tape. As of right now, the entire thing's back together, and the house is pressurized. I ended up leaving the pitless adapter as it turns out the threads in it were brass. Long story, but from what I can see, the brass/galvanic sections are isolated by rubber...
  4. chris1044

This is my pitless adapter: http://www.baker-mfg.com/domestic_new/pitless_adapters/Snappy.html Why on earth would ANYONE choose to use this piece of shit? I see ZERO advantages, aside from possibly cost (not likely since I'm sure sales volumes are way low). Yes, lets put something that will...
  5. chris1044

The pitless adapter is in fact galvanized steel...a magnet sticks right to it. It's bolted around my 4.5" steel well casing like a muffler clamp would. It doesn't look like there's a whole lot of places for it to corrode through at, but still. I could replace the straight/90*/straight...
  6. chris1044

I'm located in MI, bought this house a year ago, and my well water level is roughly 80' deep (checked by removing cap on well with a weight/string). Neighbor says well was put in 20 years ago or so, doesn't know if the pump has ever been changed. I don't have a well log from the...
  7. chris1044

Water softener selection help

Numero uno: I don't think my SFR GMP is greater than 12gpm....I have 3/4" CPVC through the home. Its 2.5 bath...are you saying I need a larger softener? Numero two: I know i don't need a turbulator...but if it helps, why not. Gravel underbed? This is the first I suppose I've heard that...
  8. chris1044

Excellent...thanks for the response Bob! I had a hunch that going to big isn't necessarily a good thing here. 1.5 Cu Ft Fleck 7000, SST resin, w/turbulator is what I'm going to be purchasing. I'm going to look into various connections avail out there today...will post pics/updates after I get...
  9. chris1044

So I'm positive I'm going with a fleck 7000 SXT, 64k grain capacity. I estimate I'll only need 48k, but I want efficiency and I don't want to be undersized...negatives in doing this? I found some with a "bypass" available at 3/4"....this the same as inlet/outlet connections? Also, what...
  10. chris1044

Here's another question for you...my inlet line on the plumbing is 3/4" CPVC. The Fleck 7000 has a 1" inlet flow valve. Obviously I could redo my inlet line from the well bladder to the softener as 1", but do you know of any 3/4" to 1" adapters for CPVC? If not, any thoughts on the SXT valves...
  11. chris1044

Here's another question for you...my inlet line on the plumbing is 3/4" CPVC. The Fleck 7000...

Here's another question for you...my inlet line on the plumbing is 3/4" CPVC. The Fleck 7000 has a 1" inlet flow valve. Obviously I could redo my inlet line from the well bladder to the softener as 1", but do you know of any 3/4" to 1" adapters for CPVC? If not, any thoughts on the 9000 SXT...
  12. chris1044

Bob, You seem to genuinely be willing to educate me on what I need, which is why I'm sending...

Bob, You seem to genuinely be willing to educate me on what I need, which is why I'm sending you a PM. Having said that, I'm fairly confident that a Fleck 7000 with SST resin is what I want to go with. Any suggestions on where to purchase this? You stated it can be had for under 700...
  13. chris1044

Is there really any benifit for a twin tank set up in my situation? Longevity? I don't need water 24/7, and because of that, I can't see any real reason to upgrade. Additionally, if I get different resin, how does one go about changing that himself...remember, I'm a noob here....any qualms...
  14. chris1044

As I have...The water is approximatley 30gpg hardness. It has 2ppm iron in it, with a little bit of "iron" smell. It does not smell like sulfur, nor did any of the analysis detect hydrosulfuric gas (or whatever the chem name is that causes rotten egg smell). Furthermore, there isn't any slime...
  15. chris1044

I'm lost now....so you're saying I only need 26k grain capacity for an 8 day regen? 34k capacity to accomidate for the iron? I was thinking I'd need something in the neighborhood of 60k - was actually considering a single tank 60k model with a clack WS-1....I don't think I'll need anything...
  16. chris1044

I think the general concensus from everyone is with the iron I have regen every 4 days. That's fine - I'd rather regen and have it last then skimp to save salt/water. That said, the data you linked does show that the Purolite SST-60 is more efficient - which softeners have this resin?
  17. chris1044

Ok, So back on track after that slight derailment.... A 1.5 cu ft (60k grain) resin tank should work for my situation, and will likely have to regenerate every 4 days. Assuming info in this thread is correct, I'll go through roughly 31 bags of salt a year with 4 people in the home (which...
  18. chris1044

Which is exactly why I'm posting here...this is the plan. It's just difficult to weed through all the sales garbage about how a softener should work for the most longevity, etc. This is a good point...I don't need it 24/7. More than anything, I want to make sure I'm sized correctly so my...
  19. chris1044

That's what is so hard to decipher through. Each person I've had come out says something different. Tonite the Kinetico salesman came out, and he did have what I thought were good points of that system....though I'm not sure how much they matters. First, its a dual tank which means you're...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks