Search results

1. scri8e

Tub drain plunger broken off

I have a reported, (15 year tenant called it in, no I haven't looked at it yet) plunger type tub stopper that is broken off. The kind that you remove the cover plate that is the flip switch for the tub drain operation. You remove the 2 screws on the cover plate pull it away from the tub wall...
  2. scri8e

Enzyme Or? To Dissolve mineral deposits incoming hot water pipes

Is there a Enzyme to dissolve mineral deposits on incoming hot water pipes? If there is a enzyme how do you get it into the system? Is there another way to dissolve the mineral deposit build up in incoming hot water pipes besides replacing the pipes? I have a hard water mineral deposit build up...
  3. scri8e

Fiberglass Shower Tub surround Joist show through?

Yes it's really that ugly LOL Those are circa 1965 fiberglass tub and shower 1 piece units. They are pretty tough and thick. Not one of the 3 of these beauties (using that term real loose) has any cracks in the fiberglass tubs or in the one piece shells. Nope not the lighting. They really are...
  4. scri8e

Fiberglass Shower Tub surround Joist show through?

This is a apartment turn over between tenants. I've never seen this before? The pattern of the joists behind the fiberglass shell have made a imprint on the surround walls. What causes this? Anyone know? Am I going to find rot behind there? Joists vaporized? I have until the 15th to make this...
  5. scri8e

Toilet flange too high not level

No offense intended. The spacer/shim will not work in this case. The toilet shirt which is what supports the weight would be hang'n in mid air on the right side. Not only is the flange too high it is not level to begin with. I have had problems with this toilet for years. Only this round...
  6. scri8e

Thank you.
  7. scri8e

The toilet flange is too high and it is not level. It's thick gauge steel. Appears to be soddered on with lead. Had a torch in my plumbing box but no matches. Tenant lent me a lighter and tried to get the flange off. Torch didn't touch it. That flange isn't budging for nuthin. So it must be...
  8. scri8e

Look What I accomplished in day#3 work on the remodel bathroom

Nice job! I'm green(board) with envy at not having a window in the back 60" wall to deal with like I do.
  9. scri8e

Sterling Tub Shower surround walls only

blew the link try it again I see that I blew the hyperlink. Trying it one more time....
  10. scri8e

pic attachment. This is my first attachment to this forum. Hope I don't blow it. LOL Any whosal..... this is another unit with the same set up in bathroom. With the 36"x36" window stripped to the wall studs. So you can see what I have going on in the wall.
  11. scri8e

1.) Sterling Tub Shower surround walls only. Where can I find the part number for a sterling 3 piece tub/shower surround walls only? 2.) When cutting away the current cement lath/plaster what is the best tool to use? Saws all? Will I be able to get a decent cut where the surround stops...
  12. scri8e

Tub/Shower Convert from 3 handle to one

Turnovers Priorities Noah's Wisdom in ark building. Ah yup you know the drill. LOL. I'm trying to be logical. I figure since I want to change over to 1 handle any way. Changing that now would give me the room for access I need to handle the drain water from the bathroom above coming in...
  13. scri8e

Tub/Shower Convert from 3 handle to one

This is a 10 unit apartment building. 5 units up 5 units down. I have a turn over in #5 meaning the past tenant has moved out so I am doing some upgrades in between renters. This building was built in 1965. I am in Long Beach CA. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo with 3 handles. Hot and...
  14. scri8e

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted shower valve assembly. It leaks from the shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold...
  15. scri8e

Re-Surface Fiberglass Tub/Shower 1piece Shell

A friend just sent me this link. Looks Good! http://www.refinishingonline.com/fiberglass_repairs.htm http://www.refinishingonline.com/diy.htm
  16. scri8e

*blink* *blink*... Have I found the solution? With my luck this company is in New York or something with me in CA! I submitted my info. We shall see. I like the idea of the additional flooring/patch? put in the tub. What is your take on this possible solution? Pro's/Con's? (hopefully no...
  17. scri8e

I am a Landlord. I'm having a rough time findig a product to re-surface a fiberglass tub/shower 1 piece shell. It has been painted before from a past owner of the property and it was not a good quality job/product. Looks like they used marine paint. It is peeling off in large chunks as big as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks