Search results

1. harveymasons

question on orphaned water heater

sorry for the double post, i didn't reslize this forum had a specific board for water heaters.... you guys are the pros and hoping you can hep me with this issue.... had a home inspection done on a house we are looking to buy, turns out owners put a new direct vent furnace in 6...
  2. harveymasons

question on water heater venting (orphaned water heater)

you guys are the pros and hoping you can hep me with this issue.... had a home inspection done on a house we are looking to buy, turns out owners put a new direct vent furnace in 6 months ago so basically the water heater is only gas appliance venting through original chimney now. There...
  3. harveymasons

question on leaking tub drain, can I get this part?

Hi everyone, I have a 2nd floor tub that is leaking. the reason is this: on the tub there is a metal washer piece that sits on the tub against the drain it is slightly domed/dished (this is on the tub itself not underneath. It has come loose and actually broke and now there is about a...
  4. harveymasons

question on size of toilet

Hi everyone, I have a toilet size issue I hope someone can help me with. I had a friend install a new toilet to replace a cracked old one and it turns out the new one he had to install on an angle because the inward door swing would hit the bowl. He installed it anyway b/c he didn't want to...
  5. harveymasons

Great way to clean cast iron sewer lines and more

As an avid reader for years on this forum I'd like to give back to it by posting a great way I came up with to clean out clogged or backup up sewer lines, this application can also be used on smaller 2 or 3 inch lines as well. There has been a wealth of info on these forums and I hope I can...
  6. harveymasons

Question on main sewer line backing up every few months

I have determined via camera inspection that I have a dip/belly in my main sewer line from house to city main. I saw water sitting in this area via the camera it is @ the 17 ft mark and goes to about 31 ft. The whole run is 46 ft cast iron. I was quoted 6k to replace that section which...
  7. harveymasons

ball valve question..

This question may or may not belong here but if someone can answer it, it would be most helpful. I am hooking up a 1/4 x 100 ft high pressure hose to my pressure washer to do some sewer jetting, unfortunately I will have no way to control the flow of water only by turning th eengine on and...
  8. harveymasons

sewer jet from a pressure washer??

Hi guys, If you read my previous thread on my main sewer line being backed up w/ grease/sludge you may find this thread interesting and informing hopefully..... I was looking into getting my sewer jetted and when I saw the prices I started to think to myself that I already have a pressure...
  9. harveymasons

replacing lateral pipe from house to street?

I am located in NJ and was wondering how much it would cost just ballparkfigure, to replace my lateral pipe which runs from my house to the city street tie in. The run is approx. 50 ft. and is a good 10 ft under my lawn and runs undermy sidewalk as well :( Also, I believe the diameter is 3...
  10. harveymasons

question on steam radiator leak

I have a very old steam single pipe heating system w/ radiators, seems I have a radiator in the 2nd floor bathroom that is leaking through the ceiling down to the first floor bathroom, it is not leaking at the valve or any of the piping I can see from the 2nd floor bathroom. The water is...
  11. harveymasons

question on Oakum

Can someone explain what oakum is and how it is used? Seems like it is used to solder a lead joint?? Is this correct?? I have a second floor bathroom in which I can see the toilet connections from below as the ceiling of the 1st floor bathroom is exposed. Seems like there is a lead pipe...
  12. harveymasons

Utica steam boiler leaking????

Hello, great forum and happy to have found this place!! I have a strange problem: I have a utica steam boiler that services a 4 family house. I had a tenant call and say that water was dripping out of one of the vertical pipes, the water was slowly dripping out of the top of a gordons #1...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks