Search results

1. TristanP

Need advice on bathroom exhaust fan

I need to put an exhaust fan in one of our 2nd floor full bathrooms (9' x 5'). I'd like it to be quiet and was looking at the Broan QTXE080 (https://www.broan-nutone.com/en-us/product/ventilationfans/qtxe080). Since we live in northern DE and get below freezing temps in the winter, I've read...
  2. TristanP

PEX stub outs - how do you do yours?

Wasn't a yes or no, more of a this or that. :-) Thanks. *off to check Sioux Chief*
  3. TristanP

PEX stub outs - how do you do yours?

This is for the laundry sink on/in a base cabinet in the laundry room move I'm still working on. Would you go with this or this? I believe I have space for either. PEX is 1/2". Thanks.
  4. TristanP

Does a washer standpipe have to be a single piece or can it have slight bends?

Yes I was aware and they will all be present. Thanks. Interesting info too - I called LG about our front loader - less than two years old - and the only consideration on draining is the top of the drain can't be more than 96" above the floor. No minimum at all. It can drain right into the...
  5. TristanP

Does a washer standpipe have to be a single piece or can it have slight bends?

It's going into a smaller than normal stud cavity so I need to offset it slightly. Just a couple 45* bends - it would still be 36" high (IPC code used in this area). Horizontal shift would be 6" at most.
  6. TristanP

Moving laundry to the 1st floor - need ideas

Thank you both for the replies. Is the following correct?
  7. TristanP

Another pic for confirmation: The stack is actually 4" in the basement and reduces to 3" as soon as it enters the first floor. Should I T (sani needed or just regular?) into the 14" section of 4" CI that I highlighted, replace all the 1.5" galvanized there as 2" PVC, and cap off the 1.5"...
  8. TristanP

1. Curious as to why not? 2. Why wouldn't it be? 3. What is the recommended vertical separation distance or can they be stacked? 4. DE uses the 2006 IPC code, so that makes it 18-42" above the trap, right? 5. I have some measuring to do, but I think it'll work Thanks for the feedback.
  9. TristanP

Why do I need to vent this washer/sink drain?

Posting this before Terry does Maybe an AAV above the T would make things less awkward. You need a P trap at the bottom of the washer drain before it goes horizontal.
  10. TristanP

First post - hopefully this isn't too overwhelming. We bought a 1960s era 2 story with full basement back in 2008. My wife is getting tired of lugging laundry (2 kids) up and down two flights of stairs every week, so I'm redoing part of the office area on the first floor to make life easier...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks