Search results

1. Gary in NJ

Replacing Kickspace Heater with Radiant

I have a 10 x 13 bathroom (with a 5 x 13 adjacent closet) that is currently heated by a Embassy Industries HAV-48 Kickspace Heater (4800 BTU). We typically keep this unit on the low setting (2400 BTU) and it adequately heats the space (there is one outside wall that is 10'). I'm planning to...
  2. Gary in NJ

Leaking Pressure Relief Valve

I've seen the Pressure Relief Valve on my boiler blow-off in the past due to to excess air in the system (failed automatic air bleed) or a failed expansion tank, but over the last week the BOV/PRV has been leaking for no reason that I can detect. It's a 30 psi valve and I run my system at 12...
  3. Gary in NJ

Intellidyne HW+ Setup

I have an older boiler that is 3x oversized for my heat load and Dana suggested that I install a heat purging boiler economizer control on my aquastat to help with short cycling and gain some efficiency from the system. I purchased an Intellidyne 3250 HW+. Installing the controller took all of...
  4. Gary in NJ

To heat or not heat upstairs

I have a three-zone heating system; zone 1 is the general living area on the first floor, zone 2 is for the bedrooms on the first floor, and zone three is the second floor that has a great room and two bedrooms and and bath. The great room is 700 sqft and is connected by an open stairway to the...
  5. Gary in NJ

I Discovered What is Needed To Bleed a New Heating Loop

Patience. I decided to turn on the heat in the newly completed upstairs (former attic space) that I've been working on this summer. I went down to the basement and checked that my valve controller was calling for heat (which it was) and listened to make sure the circulator was running (it...
  6. Gary in NJ

Boiler Pressure & T&P Relief Valve

I have a Weil-McLain WGO-4 boiler. I am using the T&P Relief Valve that came with the kit; 30 psi, 375,000 BTU. I get about a quart of water out of the T&P every week. I'm wondering if the T&P is marginal or do I have too much pressure in the boiler. I opened the T&P a few days ago for a few...
  7. Gary in NJ

Bock 51E Repair

A friend of mine just called me because his oil-fired HWH sprung a leak overnight. He wanted my opinion whether he should wait the weekend to replace the unit with a similar HWH or just go to Lowes/Home Depot to pick-up an electric. The unit is a very nice (13 year old) Bock 51E (or ES)...
  8. Gary in NJ

Taco 571-2 Wiring

I've been working on a large upstairs project for about a year. Yesterday I opened the valves for the hot & cold water to the bathroom - quite a good feeling. All of my plumbing is complete for the hydronic baseboard heating right to the boiler. As soon as I get the flow valve wired I'm ready to...
  9. Gary in NJ

PEX Pressure Tester

I've completed a hot water base board project in a converted attic. I ran about 250' of PEX and 7 registers. Before connecting this loop to my furnace I thought it would be prudent to pressure test the connections. I decided to make my own tester with a brass 3/4 tee with a 150psi meter out...
  10. Gary in NJ

Plumbing in Knee Wall

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I'm finishing the upstairs of my cape-style home. It will be about 1,700 sq-ft when finished. I have all of my heat registers sweated with PEX fittings and they are installed on the walls. I'm planning on running the Ox Barrier PEX tubing inside of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks