Search results

1. beetz12

Will a Gfci breaker solve my problem?

Jim, thanks again for the great answer. It sounds to me that rewiring the entire house is my best option. My contractor obviously got a couple of facts wrong - I'm extremely glad I learned the truth from you before I wasted a bunch of time and money.
  2. beetz12

Hi Jim, Thanks for your quick and thorough reply. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that even with a GFIC breaker I still need to run a ground wire run to each receptacle to provide protection against lightning. Is that right? If the answer to the above is yes, are there any...
  3. beetz12

Hi guys, I just recently purchased a 50-year old house in which all the receptacles in the living room are ungrounded. Since that's where I have my TVs and computers, I'd like to make sure they are protected in the event of a lightning strike. Today a building contractor suggested...
  4. beetz12

Need advice with countertop backsplash and bathroom subfloor

Hj and jag thanks for the excellent feedback. You guys are probably hit the nail in the head about the leaking shower pan. I figured that's what I have, but I wanted hear from the experts here. I'm having to learn a lot of stuff, and now I have to add more thing to he list for the shower pan...
  5. beetz12

Need advice with countertop backsplash and bathroom subfloor

Hi guys, I'm a beginner DIYer in the process of remodeling the kitchen and bathroom of an older (1962) house. While removing the old laminate countertop, the backsplash took some of the drywall with it. I'm trying to determine the best way to prep the surface for the new tile backsplash. Can...
  6. beetz12

Need help finding the right Shower Valve Socket

Thanks, I will try the 7/8" deep socket and be back with an update.
  7. beetz12

Need help finding the right Shower Valve Socket

I have an older house with a leaking shower valve. I'm trying to replace it but I can't seem to find the correct socket for the hex nut. I purchased a 5-piece tub set. The 27/32 was too small and 29/32 was too big. I probably need a 28/32 but I can't find this size anywhere. Any suggestions...
  8. beetz12

Need advice on removing old closet flange

Thanks for your reply Gary. The plumbers yesterday also recommended hiring professionals for the work. They quoted $250-$350 to replace the lead closet flange. Does that seem like a fair price? What would be my biggest challenge if I want to remove the flange myself? I was thinking of prying...
  9. beetz12

Need advice on removing old closet flange

I recently decided to replace my main toilet with a TOTO drake, and after removing the old toilet, this is what I saw: Is there a chance I can remove it by myself (if so, what's the best way), or should I call a professional? The material seems to be lead. Thanks much!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks