Search results

1. greenbaypackersfan

Problems With In-Ground Sprinkler System -- First Time Use

Also, many of the controller have an ON/FF rain sensor switch. Mine in particular, I can turn the sensor on or off if I desire to (in case it's a little shower and I decide to still continue with the sprinkler schedule.) I can also ajust the sensor sensitivity. Check your controller box, I...
  2. greenbaypackersfan

burnt smell

ahhhh... okay I totally understand. I did inspect the transformer for awhile and thought perhaps one of the wires got burnt off (but that wasn't the case.) The coil did get quite hot (put my finger there and whew, got a slight burn before replacing it. thank you guys for the response.
  3. greenbaypackersfan

burnt smell

My old doorbell button switch was defective. 3:30am in the morning it began to ring constantly as if someone had press the button and held it there. I woke up and opened the door to see no-one there. Upon some investigation, I realized the wires connecting to the button was hitting each other...
  4. greenbaypackersfan

Help, automatic sprinkler valve not working correctly

wow, been reading through most of the threads here on the Irrigation/Sprinkler System part of the forum. I would say Fireguy97 offers some good information and solid tips. I wasn't going to post this since I did not contribute anything to this thread but just want to point out, everything he...
  5. greenbaypackersfan

A very strange wire in the control panel (NEED HELP PLEASE)

yes thanks jadnashua Furd, thanks for the post. Yes, the #18g wire from the transformer is wire nut together with a #14g wire and the end of the #14 wire to the circuit breaker. Originally, it doesn't have it's own circuit breaker, it's put together with a 15A breaker with another 14g wire...
  6. greenbaypackersfan

also I realized the buzzing is coming from the transformer.....
  7. greenbaypackersfan

Can you explain why it is a fire hazard if I have 18GA wire between the circuit breaker and doorbell transformer? I'm a bit confused when right after that sentence, you tell me to "Replace the 18GA wire with standard 14 gauge wire attachd to a 15A breaker." That's exactly what the situation...
  8. greenbaypackersfan

Hi All, Ok, quick question for you all and please educate me. My "GE" control panel, it's pretty up to code. The house is about 7 years old and each circuit breaker (all GE breakers) has one wire and not double tapped EXCEPT ONE. The one that is double tapped contains a 15A circuit breaker...
  9. greenbaypackersfan

Vigoro vs Scotts

Just curious here and want to ask some experts here on LAWN FERTILIZERS. Last year, I used Vigoro Super Green Lawn Fertilizer and the results were fantastic. Not only it makes the lawn green, it actually made it super DARK green and can visually see the difference between neighbor's lawn and...
  10. greenbaypackersfan

Which way/direction does the PVB Test Cock needs to be facing?

lol I know the "I" in the screw slot means closed. During the spring/summer season, they need to be closed, but what about the winter time when the system has been winterized? Do I keep it closed or open them?
  11. greenbaypackersfan

^ No, I believe you are referring to the vavle on the pipe, I'm talking about the PVB Test Cocks. The little screws on the PVB Tests
  12. greenbaypackersfan

Hi, Now that the Sprinkler System has been properly turned on, I was wondering which way should the PVB test cock needs to be facing. Mine looks almost like this one here in the link below http://www.aceflowcontrol.com/pvb01natural.jpg As you can see, the PVB Test cocks are below the...
  13. greenbaypackersfan

HOW TO PROPERLY Turn on your Sprinkler System

Is it me or the guy in this video is turning the PVB test cocks incorrectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Nr_w-9NSA In the link provided above, you see the guy left the first PVB Test Cock #1 in the CLOSED position "I" (on the right side, water pipe coming from the basement) and he left...
  14. greenbaypackersfan

ah... seems like after doing a bit of online research. I realized my PVB Test Cocks are on the CLOSED position (vertical), they say to open it before Winterizing and keeping it at 45 degree angle when winterizing complete. Now it's spring, do I keep the PVB Test cocks closed or open when the...
  15. greenbaypackersfan

About an hour ago, I went with Fireguy97's Step-by-step on how to turn on the Sprinkler System and it went almost perfect! The PVB was working fine and had some water coming out initially when I turned No1 and No2 on, but soon the PVB stop having water coming out. I went through each zone at 3...
  16. greenbaypackersfan

Basement humidity in New Jersey

Great infos. Thanks to both of you. The basement is already finished and I would think it is hard to spray foam all the sills and joints now ? The house was built in 2003 and we moved in here last May (2009). It was about 85 degrees today, pretty humid and the basement humidity was at 59%...
  17. greenbaypackersfan

Hi Mick, Thanks for the speedy reply, based on your comments on the reply, I have a few additional question I'd like to ask you I am at work and cannot post a picture, however I found a similar type of pipes online as mine at home located on the outside...
  18. greenbaypackersfan

Hi folks, I moved into a house with existing sprinkler system. It has 6 zones and the house is roughly 5 years old. I believe the owner have the system installed when the house was first built, and last year when we bought the house, the system had already been turned on (we bought the...
  19. greenbaypackersfan

Basement humidity in New Jersey

Hi, I hope this is the correct place to ask about humidity in the basement, since it has something to do or little to do with HVAC and I see no where on the forum where I can post this. In the winter, the humidity level in my basement is roughly 30~40% , But when it comes to Spring, the...
  20. greenbaypackersfan

Shower in the 2nd bathroom

^ completely agree. I will have to find some time to cut the drywall and see if the pipes are hitting against the wall. I believe this may be the case or could easily been the pipe expanding. I do not mind the noise as long as it's not doing any harm.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks