Search results

1. DaveHo

Wirsbo/Uponor PEX & future work

You can file this under "dumb questions", but would appreciate if someone(Terry?) with long term experience with the product would comment. Have you ever encountered a situation where AquaPEX which has been in service for some time fails to constrict properly after being expanded? Yes, I...
  2. DaveHo

Installing Uponor PEX, have some install detail questions

I'm replacing PB tubing & am running the PEX through some of the same framing holes that it used. I'm using the color coded tubing & have noticed the colored coating is being rubbed off in some spots where it passes through framing. I'm only noticing this on the hot supplies. I can wiggle the...
  3. DaveHo

Re-plumbing the house with Uponor Aquapex, have a couple of questions

House was built in the late 80's & plumbed with PB, yuck! Have had several leaks, time to rip it out! I'm a seasoned DIY'er & will be tackling this myself. I have already purchased all the tubing & fittings, etc along with the Milwaukee M12 expansion tool. I've downloaded & read the Uponor...
  4. DaveHo

ISE Evolution Disposers

Old ISE which is 20+ years old started leaking so I need to replace it. Trying to decide between the Essential & Compact versions. Considering we typically don't jam tons of stuff in the disposal, & never put bones or other truly hard to grind items down the drain, is there any reason not to...
  5. DaveHo

Installing PEX, what constitutes UV exposure which requires protection?

Hi all, I'm a homeowner & am currently in the planning stages of ripping out my PB plumbing & replacing with Wirsbo Aquapex. Manufacturer states not to expose to direct sunlight for more than 30 days but is vague on what other scenarios require UV protection. I've searched this forum &...
  6. DaveHo

Water running out fresh air inlet pipe

I had a new condensing gas furnace & central A/C installed last fall. The furnace/evaporator are located in my basement. Lately, it's been very hot & humid in my area. The other day I noticed a small puddle of water by the furnace. Near as I can tell the the hot humid air from outside is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks