Search results

1. Not

Best skirted trapway toilet for the money? Is Kohler Gleam good?

Our house is 11 years old and has cheap builder grade toilets. One of them clogs easily and I'd like to replace it soon. Initially I was only considering Toto based on what I have read here before. When I told my wife I was shopping for a new one, she said she wants one with smooth sides...
  2. Not

Sealing vertical pipe penetrations through Concrete?

I have several air conditioner units outside on a slab right next to the building. The way the copper tubing is run for the refrigerant lines is less than optimal, they go straight down through holes in the concrete slab, and then turn 90 degrees underground and come in horizontally through the...
  3. Not

New bathroom, new toilet, water in bowl dissapears - bad toilet or vent problem?

Is it possible to fix such a problem with epoxy or silicone or some other glue or sealer? Or do I just need a new toilet? Unfortunately I bought the toilet last year and just got around to installing it now, so I don't think I can return it to the store I got it from. I'm cheap so if it is...
  4. Not

New bathroom, new toilet, water in bowl dissapears - bad toilet or vent problem?

I added a new bathroom to my house on the 2nd floor. Previously, the only plumbing in the house was on the 1st floor. The main vent stack goes up through the roof on part of the house that's an addition, so there is no 2nd story above it. The 1st floor toilet is vented properly (I think) but the...
  5. Not

Did I do it right? (pictures of pipes for new bathroom)

So if I just get rid of the vent after the toilet and replace that section with straight pipe, just the vent from the sink will be sufficient? I guess that makes sense about the vent clogging up there.
  6. Not

Did I do it right? (pictures of pipes for new bathroom)

I'm adding a new 1/2 bath in an empty space. The waste pipe runs horizontally (with proper slope) out through what used to be the outside wall of the house, into the attic space above an addition on the front of the house. It then goes straight down through a closet, then will go at an angle...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks