Search results

1. chumbley

No vent in kitchen sink drain

Doing a bit of work around the kitchen, and noticed the sink drain has no vent. It flows from the double sinks into a P trap, then into a 90 (making it essentially an S trap), and straight down through the floor and into the main horizontal drain. The main drain is horizontal in the basement...
  2. chumbley

Add clothes washer to bathroom... DWV tie in

We are adding a laundry next to a bathroom. Current bathroom DWV (on this side of the room) is for lav and shower. 2" DWV up from the basement. Planning to add washer by adding santee in 2" stack below where the shower comes in, and revent in the attic. Please double-check my plans...
  3. chumbley

DWV layout feedback

DIY'er converting a hall bath to an en-suite 3/4 bath. I've developed a DWV approach that eliminates kitchen bulkheads, which was one of our goals. I'd appreciate a review / feedback on the approach. Jeff
  4. chumbley

Smelly Powder Room

I have been replacing all 4 toilets in my house with Drake II's. The first two were done about a year ago, no issues. The 3rd one is causing me fits. My house was plumbed with the thick all-PVC flanges that sit just above the floor. This total height was too much for the Toto (it rocked...
  5. chumbley

Delta Thermostatic Shower Valve response time

Another house, another shower remodel... In my last remodel, I used a Kohler thermostatic valve and separate volume controls for the heads. Worked great, but I wasn't impressed with the Kohler thermostatic valve. I found the response time too slow. Sure, it prevented scalding, but you...
  6. chumbley

Can I relocate the pump on my whirlpool tub?

I'm doing a master bath remodel, and purchased a Kohler 1337-CN whirlpool spa. I built the tub deck according to the documentation Kohler had - and I assumed (my first mistake) that "custom pump location" meant that I got to decide where the pump goes. Not so. Custom pump location to Kohler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks