Search results

1. scooby074

Major softener & pressure tank sweat issue

The check was to prevent all the hot water from leaving the HW tank and warming up the water in the pressure tank and pump. The Honeywell AM1 valve also has built in checks on the 2 inputs and output. I didnt show them on the diagram. Im going to insulate the softener tank today with...
  2. scooby074

Anybody have an opinion on the new setup? I have to do something, Im starting to get mold issues.
  3. scooby074

I went out and bought a valve, but looking at it now i dont think it will work. Its an Apollo 34-104-01 and its minimum temp is 120*F. This is far to hot for my softener so i need another option. What about the Honeywell Am-1. It goes down to 21*C. I figure ill set it at around 25 depending...
  4. scooby074

i should add, i dont have an issue with toilets sweating. Theyre insulated. Im more concerned with the piping in the utility room, pressure tank, softener tank.. and particularly the 3/4 feed lines to the softener that go directly from the jet pump/pressure tank (which is inside the util room)...
  5. scooby074

I got a major problem with tank sweat on my softener and pressure tanks. The 3/4 Pex feed pipes are sweating as well. This is really my first summer at this place and i need to get the issue addressed before mold and rot set in. I literally thought i had a pipe leak.. there was significant...
  6. scooby074

Help Confirm Clack WS1 settings after recent water test.

Any opinions on my settings? I ran the Super iron out 1 cup per 1/2 gallon through 2 regens back to back and it fixed the sulfur smell, so i gather it must have been coming from my softener resin being full of rust and not working optimally. I also added 1/4 cup between bags of salt in layers...
  7. scooby074

been running with new settings the last little while. I maxed out the backwash and post rinse times (8 mins). I also changed the regen time to 4:00Am for less chance of water being drawn during the cycle. It seems to have stopped my bubbly and salty water which is good. BUT, now it seems i...
  8. scooby074

Do i need a 60 draw? I got to thinking, my GF gets up in the night to check the baby. She also uses water for various "things" at that time. I was under the assumption that during flushing the softener tank was bypassed. Is this correct? If not then she could be inadvertently drawing salty...
  9. scooby074

Thanks for the reply... :D It started from day one. 6mths ago maybe? When i say "salty" i mean EXTREMELY mild salt taste. When the salt taste is present, the bubble issue is as well. I guess i should clarify, its not bubbles per se, just seems like "overly aerated" water from the tap.. Hard...
  10. scooby074

Hi guys, Been a while since i was here last and i see there's been some major shakeups. Clack no longer sells to the public (dumb decision) and Gary's gone out of business (my sympathies) :eek: Anyways i need a little advice on my softer settings , if their correct and if not, are they the...
  11. scooby074

Please help me choose a softener for a well with iron

Akpsdvan, so you'd recommend dowflow then as well ,over the upflow. he said hes sold lots of downflows in iron conditions without turbs with no issues. I was dead set for a turb as it made sense to me, but he considered it overkill. but he did say i have to be vigilant with the iron out or...
  12. scooby074

he said that basically it wasn't needed, especially with the larger unit, and that price was a factor (which it was for me) so it was best to put the money towards the fine mesh. About the iron, he said to just add Resup or equivalent every couple bags of salt. He said that should be fine. I...
  13. scooby074

Thanks to all those that helped. I ended up going with a Clack WS1 from Aquatell. After conferencing with the guy in sales, i upsized to a 2Cuft model. This was only around $60 so i figured it worth it. The guy i talked to said they're would be savings from buying the larger unit and...
  14. scooby074

I cant say exactly if it was a "metal iron smell" but it definately wasnt "eggy" like my fathers when it goes bad. It was much fainter, barely detectable. It only lasted for a few seconds as the water was being poured into a bucket, and only if you had your nose right in it. I dont intend on...
  15. scooby074

i wasnt planning on needing to chlorinate, but it was discussed on another forum where a person mentioned iron bacteria and the need to chlorinate to kill the bacteria and remove any smells (sulphur?)He had to get special resin to tolerate this chlorination using bleach. I was just asking due...
  16. scooby074

Oh what a feeling!!! :D Back on topic, is they're any issue in chlorinating well on a softener? On another forum i was told that you cant chlorinate a well on a softener without wrecking the bed? if you intend on chlorinating then you need to use a special resin thats $$$
  17. scooby074

Wow guys, quite a discussion since i was last here:cool: You guys sure like your softeners lol. Many ways to skin a cat i guess. lol. I havent had a chance to order my unit yet, but Thanks again for the info.
  18. scooby074

ill have to try and get the specs on the pump/\ cant say about the depth, but ill guess 60 ft. this is based on opinions from the softener reps. i can say its a 1/2 hp and its a jet pump. but actual GPM i have no idea. i wish i could tell you more, but the house was a repo.\il...
  19. scooby074

Thanks again all. Im pretty close now to buying and i know i would have made a mistake or spent a ton of cash if it wasnt for you!! so we narrowed it down to a 1.5 cuft. with standard resin Will this prevent all staining?\ i should also add a turbiditor (sp?) and res-up with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks