Search results

1. dripdripdrip

Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Thanks for the compliment but like I said I'm no expert and only offered suggestions that I've seen offered by others before (suggestions which may lead to the poster identifying the part that needs to be ordered or to realize that he/she may indeed be fighting a losing battle which may result...
  2. dripdripdrip

jadnashua, I agree with the statement that Totos are great but like I said this toilet forum was supposed to be a way for folks to figure a helpful tool for readers to try and assist them with issues they might have with their current toilets (regardless of brand or so I thought) and I have had...
  3. dripdripdrip

I'm no "expert" but at least I can offer suggestions as to how to diagnose what's may be the problem/what's happening. If the best you can offer is "Buy a Toto", I think you shouldn't bother putting down "Expert Plumber" but rather "America's Top Toto Salesperson who has expert knowledge in...
  4. dripdripdrip

Umm no offence but that's why if I have such issues after 10 years of the toilet working, I'll just buy a new toilet (with updated styling) if things get that complicated rather than paying a plumber 2 hrs labour @ $80/hr to try and fix something that's "overly" complicated. Toto is the best...
  5. dripdripdrip

Why does the phone number listed higher up on the page not work? The innards of most of these drop-valve assemblies look pretty common from manufacturer to manufacturer (even the American Standard we have looks the same when I opened it up compared to the WaterRidge so I'm not sure what you're...
  6. dripdripdrip

Sounds similar to a problem my Dad had on his American Standard. Basically the flap in the tank wasn't closing/sealing tight because a piece of the rubber gasket from one of the tank screws had managed to work it's way between the flap and opening allowing water to slowly drain into the tank...
  7. dripdripdrip

The number on the Canadian boxes/manuals is 1-866-789-CARE (2273) - not sure if it's different for folks in the US or not.
  8. dripdripdrip

Just to confirm, This is the 1-piece water ridge and not the 2-piece tank and bowl set, right? I actually found that the bowl appears to have some sort of coating on top of the glaze (or glazed really well) and that 'streaking' isn't really an issue. Haven't had any of the other issues yet...
  9. dripdripdrip

Why plumbers putty on base of toilet??

yup - unfortunately, in my case, it was the first toilet I'd ever replaced and that's what the instruction sheet that came with the toilet recommended to do. :(
  10. dripdripdrip

Why plumbers putty on base of toilet??

And since it has oil in it, it WILL STAIN the grout that it comes into contact with if you use it to line the base of the toilet (and can cause you to incorrectly think that you have a leak and pull up the toilet to redo the wax seal unnecessarily)!:mad:
  11. dripdripdrip

Manufacturer of this WaterRidge toilet didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread, but the actual manufacturer of this Costco WaterRidge one-piece (model C22055C) is a Chinese co. called Milim G&G Ceramics (got that info from my local municipal toilet rebate list).
  12. dripdripdrip

Just replaced an upstairs toilet with one of these babies (after not being too impressed with another manufacturer's toilet I installed downstairs) and it works awesomely! Buttons seem to work properly for me (smaller sized wavy button is on the right and larger one is on the left - lifted the...
  13. dripdripdrip

Costco Waterridge dual flush So I decided to pull it up one more time and sure enough there were no leaks around the flange/wax seal so I just cleaned up the wax pieces and re-installed the new one. Still some dripping sounds but now they're different than before (quieter and not the steady...
  14. dripdripdrip

jadnashua, I believe you've hit the nail on the head! I re-tried the pitcher test but this time I added it less forcefully in attempt to recreate the overfilling scenario and sure enough then I heard the trickling sound again. The only thing is that it really does sound like water streaming down...
  15. dripdripdrip

Costco Waterridge dual flush Unfortunately, it's not a Toto with the unifit (prices up here in Canada are just highway robbery for Totos - $500+), just a regular made in china type flange that expects a wax ring. The dripping sound resembles the trail end of what you would hear when you shutoff...
  16. dripdripdrip

Mysterious dripping sound after flush and tank refill Hi all, I recently replaced one of our toilets with a low-flow. The bathroom is located above a storeroom from which I can see the drain/cutout and the supply line coming down through the plywood subfloor. After flushing I can hear a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks