Search results

1. msomerville

New homeowner...existing water softerner...no manual...not regenerating

Well it's been a few months now ,and all is well. I don't have any real conclusions drawn. Whether is was loose wiring, or something dirty and clogged. Thanks again!
  2. msomerville

There is about a four inch difference between the two. Is that telling me that the water is not passing freely or a common difference?
  3. msomerville

The last time it did filled the tank to a lower level than the previous two times. The brine enclosure has a higher level of water in it though- it looks like at the same level the brine tank had filled up to the past two times. It seems like they should be the same level if the float is used as...
  4. msomerville

Well the good news is everything seems to be running fine now. One thing I did do was check the connections. I noticed one of the wires for the drive motor seemed to pull out of the wire nut fairly easily. Was that the problem- I don't know. Maybe something is still starting to flake out one me...
  5. msomerville

Well the drive motor is working when I hot wired it. I am going to empty the brine tank one more time and make sure everything is clean, and if that doesn't do the trick I am gonna call someone out to look at it. Again thanks for your help. I will post my findings.
  6. msomerville

I think I am following you. When the system regenerated it was drawing from the brine tank so maybe the rubber washer wouldn't be the problem here. I should see the lower shaft start to rotate when I turn the star shaped dial. The fact that this isn't happening might point me in the...
  7. msomerville

Well I plugged it in to see if there was a difference in temp between the motors. The softener regenerated, but i never noticed the drive motor warm up like the other motor. If the drive motor is bad will the unit regenerate? Best I can tell there is no air getting though when the float is...
  8. msomerville

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I will check out the motors and see if I can tell a difference in temp after warm up. I think I may be able to check the brine line for blockages without doing too much damage. I have an axe and a sledge hammer that should get me in there.;) ps. page...
  9. msomerville

My gut says that there is something going on with the brine float assembly. I seem to remember looking at the casing for the float and you can kind of see through it to see that the float doesn't rise as far up into the casing as it used to. I don't really remember for sure though. How high...
  10. msomerville

After looking at some of the diagrams I think I will call a pro. I don't want to get in there and screw something up and costing me more money. Thanks to you I now know the make and model. Now I just need to find someone reputable. I just feel a little foolish for calling someone out for...
  11. msomerville

Thanks for the manual. I had looked on their website before but had no clue what I was looking for. The meter cable is plugged in. It seems like some of the symptoms would maybe point me in the direction of some clogged screens/filters (just guessing here). Could the brine tube be...
  12. msomerville

Well I moved into this home a few months back and now the water softener isn't regenerating properly (most time not at all). The first time I noticed something was off the brine tank didn't fill back up and there was a solid chunk of salt in the bottom. I was able to manually start another...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks