Search results

1. PrescottRecorder

fireplace smell when AC runs

I'm assuming that you mean flue damper. It seems to me that you've got a little negative pressure in the house when you're running the AC that's sucking some air down the chimney and with it the smell. A chimney cleaning generally helps with creasote smells. Is your house really air tight? You...
  2. PrescottRecorder

What's normal for Grohe Thermo valve?

Well, for the benefit of anyone who in a future search finds this thread and wonders how it ended: I took the valve apart and cleaned the check valves and temperature cartridge with running water. There was a little debris in there. It now works better when the toilet is flushed. Before, I...
  3. PrescottRecorder

Although phone tech support from Grohe says it's normal, email tech support says it's debris in the valve and sent instructions for cleaning. I think I'll try the cleaning approach.
  4. PrescottRecorder

Grohe tech support tells me that the valve has no pressure balancing capability and that it's normal for the temperature to fluctuate when the toilet is flushed. It supposedly has only an anti-scald function that kicks in only if the cold water supply stops due to a pipe break. Can anyone...
  5. PrescottRecorder

Thanks. It didn't seem normal to me. I've sent an email to Grohe. I didn't see a phone number for tech support. I'll look at the site again, though. anyone gone through the process of cleaning dirt out of it?
  6. PrescottRecorder

I have a new shower installation using a Grohe 34 902 mixing valve. It's a 3/4 " variant to supply two shower heads and lets you dial in the desired temperature. What I've noticed is wild fluctuation of temperature after flushing the toilet. It's briefly colder than normal, then too hot, then...
  7. PrescottRecorder

Grohe Volume Controls Recessed Too Far

I just installed an extension on a Grohe 34 902 thermo valve to make up for it being an inch too deep in the wall. It worked fine but was a little confusing since the kit included a lot of pieces I didn't need and the directions were just a page of confusing pictures. I was happy to have a...
  8. PrescottRecorder

10" rough in problem

I've successfully installed Toto Carlyles into two bathrooms with 9.5 inch rough-ins. In one the baseboard was tile and therefore pretty thin and the only issue was that the tank lid was a little tight against the wall. In the other the baseboard was standard wood trim with a quarter round...
  9. PrescottRecorder

ADA toilets/no CEFIONTECT?

The supply line came up through the floor and I did, in fact, have to move it over a couple of inches. It was worth the trouble, though. Paul
  10. PrescottRecorder

ADA toilets/no CEFIONTECT?

We also were looking for an ADA Toto, but bought a Carlyle instead but found that its "standard" height was comfortably higher that all of our other non-Toto toilets.
  11. PrescottRecorder

towel warmer

I've had an electric towel warmer made by Runtal in my bathroom for about ten years now. It has three heat settings so the towels can be warm or really hot if you want. It's also great for keeping the bathroom comfortably warm even though the rest of the house might be too cold for wet naked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks