Search results

1. Geobrick

My Fix for the Forward Tank Tilt on an Old AS Champion 4

I installed this toilet 11 years ago and was never able to get the tank adjusted in a way where the seat could rest in the up position without the risk of it falling down mid... My workaround was to use a slow close seat. I had to remove the toilet a few years ago when we installed a new floor...
  2. Geobrick

Swing Joint for Natural Gas Riser to Meter (Union)?

Can/should I do a Swing Joint from a riser to the meter? It's a 1-1/2" riser. I was considering using 4 elbows (maybe 2 of them street elbows) and a 6" or 8" pipe to be able to have better control when lining up the union joint (with whatever other benefits come with a swing joint - the downside...
  3. Geobrick

Underground Gas PE Fittings. Which do you prefer

I need to replace a corroded gas riser and I'm considering either the Home-Flex (with compression fittings) or the Continental Industries (Hubbell) with the Con-Stab ID Seal fittings. I can't do thermal fusion because of the lack available space (and the lack of the equipment to do it). If...
  4. Geobrick

(Not a) Gas Line Union Leak

[Update- This turned out not to be a Union leak but there's still some good information on that topic here. By post 14 I realized the leak wasn't at the union and in post 53 I isolated the leak to the service riser pipe buried about 20" underground. Enjoy the process!] Need some help on the...
  5. Geobrick

Corosion Crud at Fitting Connection (Water Heater)

<misspelling in title: "Corrosion"> A local plumber did some rework on the plumbing from a water heater (part of the hot water circulation system) because there was a pin hole leak in one of the copper elbows. A few months later I noticed some corrosion where a T fitting and adopter come...
  6. Geobrick

Pull Down Spout Hose Guide Suggestions (for Kitchen Faucet)

Does anyone have a good solution for guiding a pull down faucet hose under a sink so it doesn't hit the valves or get hung up by the drain? I found that Moen offers a hose guide that's essentially a plastic bag that forms a chute to channel the hose but it seems the bottom of the chute could...
  7. Geobrick

1/4" Copper into Quick Connect

Can I connect 1/4" copper tubing to this quick connect? I'm 95% sure I can do this since I know I can use the John Guest Quick Connects to connect to copper tubing but I don't know that the quick connects built into this Insinkerator filter housing are actually the John Guest type.
  8. Geobrick

When did kitchen faucets start coming with check valves

I'm installing a new kitchen faucet and was surprised it came with check valves that are to be installed on the stop valves. It's been 20 years since I needed to install a kitchen faucet so I did a quick search on the forum to find out when this started and why. Is there something new in the...
  9. Geobrick

Strainer Basket Stuck

I have this Strainer Basket and I can't remove it (I need to re seal it or replace it). I tried this tool but it wasn't so universal. I tried these as well: Does anyone have a recommended tool/method? If I have to cut off the ring, what tool would work best?
  10. Geobrick

Strange Offset Flange (How do I put a wax ring on it)

This offset flange seems strange to me. It seems the rough in was at about 14" and they used an offset flange to bring it back a bit. How would I get a wax seal on that properly. There's a very thin area for it to seat in the front right where the pipe opening is. Is this a common type of...
  11. Geobrick

Toto Flapper Replacement THU499s vs THU500s

I want to replace my THU331s flapper (they don't last very long and collapse under the weight of water over time. I see that Toto now has a THU500s (replacing the THU499s) that seems to be redesigned to prevent collapsing. I've read that Korky makes most Toto flappers so which Korky Model # is...
  12. Geobrick

Wilkins 70 Pressure Reducing Valve

1) I have a Wilkins 70 Pressure Reducing Valve that's about 17 years old. How long before I should expect to have to replace (or rebuild) it? 2) I looked at the Zurn-Wilkins website and noticed they no longer sell the model 70. It's now a 70XL but they no longer make the size I have which is...
  13. Geobrick

Please Help Explain My Main Inlet Plumbing (See pics)

After living in the same house for 17 years, I still don't understand what's going on with the plumbing for the main water inlet. While most of it is sort of straight forward, some of it I've never figured out. Can one of the experts here help explain what's going on here? Especially on the...
  14. Geobrick

Two Closet Flange Issues

[Let me know if this should be moved to the toilet section of the forum.] I've read several posts about closet flange repairs but I need some help with these two situations. Situation 1) The metal ring around this 4" ABS (or black PVC) flange has decayed (not shown in picture). I want to use...
  15. Geobrick

Is This an Ultramax or Ultimate

I bought an Ultramax in February 2010 but I just came across a thread where someone said the Ultimate has the same model # as the Ultramax except the Ultramax has an 'S' in the model number. My receipt says MS854114S 12. It had the G-Max valve in the tank (since replaced with a Korky) but look...
  16. Geobrick

Recommendation for a Non-Universal Height Toto

I'm looking for recommendations for a Toto toilet that has a standard height bowl. It seems most of the newer models only come in 'ADA' or 'Universal Height' and I can't figure out how to search the Toto website to limit the search to non-Universal height models. The ones that seem recommended...
  17. Geobrick

Widespread Faucet Handle Angles; What's Considered Correct?

I'm sure most people will say there's no right answer but what is considered correct? I'm referring to the angle of the lever handles used for widespread bathroom levorotary faucets. Should they be 180 degrees apart, parallel to the back wall or slightly angled-in. The widespread faucets that...
  18. Geobrick

Looking for a Delta Quick Connect Adaptor (see photo)

I picked up a Spout for a delta widespread faucet for a very low price and thought I might try to use it to replace the spout on my older faucet and still use the valves and handles from the old faucet. Delta is now using a quick connect hose system between the valves and spout and I was...
  19. Geobrick

Model Numbers Differences at Home Depot

I learned first a few years ago that Home Depot sometimes sell inferior versions of certain items which are seemingly the same part as what you'd get at a plumbing supply store but small differences in the model numbers prove otherwise. I include a couple of examples at the end but my reason for...
  20. Geobrick

Help Identify The Model/Series Of These Delta Faucets

I tried the Delta website but they don't have images of all their models. I'd like to know the model and series so I can buy the correct parts when needed. These were installed in a house built at the turn of the century ... 1999.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks