Search results

1. hygron

I like the nice new software. Nice theme.

Sorry, I have not been around for a while. Health and vision issues have slowed me down over the past couple years. Glad to see your forum busy as usual. If all goes well in the next 3 months; I should have some content to share with you. Later, H
  2. hygron

Oh Yeah! Propagation. It is that time of year.

Here at Bonneau Pepper Farm, We are getting ready to do all of our Spring propagation. We will be posting and following our seedlings as they sprout and begin to thrive. The Medium we use for propagation will be, Oasis Horti-cubes, and Pro-Mix BX. A soil-less grow medium. Both mediums...
  3. hygron

1 - 1/2 hp irrigation pump rebuild?

I have a big 1-11/2 hp irrigation pump I need to fix. Motor is good, but impeller seems to be froze up. Need some guidance, before I tear into it and mess something up. I can take a picture, but I am not sure I can tell what brand this is. When I turn on the breaker to run pump; It...
  4. hygron

Fantasy Football. Are you going to play?

Hi there, I run many fantasy football leagues, in many non-standard style leagues. If any one is interested; I will post style of league, and how many openings we have in each format.
  5. hygron

World's Hottest Peppers

I have been growing Habanero for Whole Foods for some time now; We never made a ton of money doing this, and over the past 2 years I have had about 7 phone calls asking about Ghost peppers, Scorpion peppers, etc...etc Well, this year I bought seeds for the hottest Peppers in the World...
  6. hygron

This is a Q & A

This a set up as a Q & A. I look forward to answering any questions you might have about Hydroponics. Even though I am posting info about my experiences and equipment; I expect folks to ask questions on hydroponic topics of interest to them. FYI
  7. hygron

Ebb and Flow / Flod and Drain

This is the practice wheras this Hydro system has a seperate reservoir located below a table or tray. A small submersible pump is inserted into the reservoir, on a timer set to intervals, in order to space out watering events over the entire day. When pump is on it fills the table, and when it...
  8. hygron

DWC - Deep Water Culture

This is the practice of submersing plant roots into liquid with aeration provided by compressed air. Piks coming soon (Just starting topics, I will deal with later, or to spark some interest, by suggestion.) Later
  9. hygron

PH Levels and Testing Meters

In this thread we will cover the level of PH in your reservoir, and in your soil. PH for Hydroponics solutions are 5.8-6.1 (slightly acidic) This margin of error is fine and should never cause you any issues. Too high or too Low a PH level and you can lock out essential nutrients from the...
  10. hygron

Welcome to Hydroponics, Gardening, & Greenhouse forum! Please read before posting.

A little about your moderator. I am legally blind; So please be patient if I have a typo, or miss something you wrote. Thanks. Now about my Hydroponic experience. I am a South Carolina Certified Grower. Here at the farm we grow Habanero peppers for Whole Foods, Burpless seedless...
  11. hygron

Toilet to Septic tank issues

Recently we have experienced heavy rains for 2 months or so. The ground is saturated, and I am wondering? If water is not draining off after rains; Can that affect our toilet flushing due to septic tank being under water. Toilet is flushing as if there was a clog, but I believe there is...
  12. hygron

Wayne pumps. Good-Bad? What do you recommend for Submersible Deep Well

I need a new 1/2hp or 3/4 hp submersible pump for my Deep Well. I currently have a flotec, and want to buy a more reliable brand. Please post your opinions asap; As I have been without water for 3 days until last night when we got a hose over from neighbor. 1 shower later. I feel better. ;)...
  13. hygron

Deep Well submersible Pumps runs continuously.

I cut the power, and replaced pressure switch. Pump still ran, and I assumed pipe to outlet of pump had broken allowing pump to run. After pulling pump up, and replacing coupling to pvc which broke off completely right as I was pulling the pump out of drop pipe; I replaced pump into well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks