Search results

1. rbico

Shower diverter valve super hard to turn

thanks for the replies. I just replaced the stem and it turns super easy now. However, when I turn it to shower, there is a slight drizzle from the tub spout. I can turn it pretty hard and get rid of it, but my wife does not have the strength. I took it back apart a few times to see if I missed...
  2. rbico

Shower diverter valve super hard to turn

The diverter valve in my shower is really hard to turn. I remodeled the bathroom last year and the main brass unit in then wall that has the hot cold and diverter looked to be in good shape and there are no leaks, but that darn diverter... I have looked around forums, but can't find my answer...
  3. rbico

Advice for maybe snaking a septic tank or d-box...

I have a septic tank in a yard that deals with high water tables every winter. I have spent a lot of time and money of the last few years keeping as much water out of the drain field as possible to keep thing healthy.. I installed a french drain system in part of the yard that used to puddle; I...
  4. rbico

best hand-held shower head with good presuure...

yes, I know I probably don't have optimum pressure, which is why I am asking for help here. From reading on various forums for HOURS yesterday, i find that hand-helds typically have less pressure than stationary heads. That being said, I am probably going to try this model to see if it lives up...
  5. rbico

best hand-held shower head with good presuure...

I want to replace my shower head with one with good pressure. the hand held I have now (1 year old) has 5 settings but none come out with much pressure (3 floors up, old plumbing, etc). I am looking for a good hand held with good pressure to replace it. I would like a pause function, but it is...
  6. rbico

low hot water pressure at kitchen sink....

Last night I noticed very low pressure at my kitchen sink. when it is turned on, it slowly comes on and after a few seconds it improves but only slightly. It is probably at about half pressure. The cold is fine. I took apart the faucet, which is only a year old, and cleaned out everything I...
  7. rbico

turn furnace into a fan for summer?!?

thanks for the replies. The guy I talked yo mentioned the thermostat,asking if it was a 2-wire or a 3-wire. I replaced the thermostat a few years ago and I think it is only 2-wire, but it certainly doesn't have a fan-only option. I am not sure about the return. I think it pulls air from the...
  8. rbico

turn furnace into a fan for summer?!?

I have a furnace in my basement where it is cool. My upstairs gets really hot in the summer. I heard a DIY guru on the radio say that some furnaces offer a "fan-only" option so that the furnace can blow cool air from a lower part of the house up through the vents. I called the company that...
  9. rbico

French drain

I am working on my first french drain, but I have literally read for hours and hours online and I understand that the holes always down (never seen a contradiction). This keeps the holes from getting clogged and also allows for the rising water table - or watever - to enter the holes quicker...
  10. rbico

curious about a septic no-no///

We have a sunken backyard that contains our leech field. We found out that a few years before we bought our house, our neighbor - who is a landscaper - also had a sunken backyard which also contains his leech field. He told us that when he moved in, he brought in tons of soil, and leveled-out...
  11. rbico

heavy rain and septic question...

We live in western washington in a house built in 1960 and has a sunken backyard and septic. Every year when the rain comes, my backyard gets not only our water run-off but our neighbors water too (long story). We have a sump pump way in the back, lowest part of our yard, that spits out the...
  12. rbico

sump pump and smelly water...

I will give this a shot. I have thrown in the bleach tablets, but if the PVC is holding yuck then that's probably why it didn't do much. Maybe if I shock the system, then add the tablet it would work better. I was thinking of dismantling the pump and check valve so that water can flow backwards...
  13. rbico

Becuase I like my neighbors...we are at the top of a cul-de-sac and the water goes down our hil to a 4-way intersection where the catch-bais is.This area gets lots of foot traffic; kids walking to school, kids playing, people walkign their dogs, etc. About once a month someone reports the...
  14. rbico

We have a sump hole in our backyard that has a 1/3hp pump in it which works to pump out groundwater from our backyard. the water coming from it stinks. HISTORY: The deal is that when the street of houses behind us was developed back in the 60's, there were no drainage codes and so there are...
  15. rbico

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

my experience... After reading through this very long thread about one toilet, I decided to try the cadet 3. Heeding the warnings here, I inspected the toilet before I bought it and also grabbed a better seat before I left the store. The install went really fast, other than I put the bowl on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks