Search results

1. RayMan

Pressure Tanks Full of Sand

Five pressure tanks were replaced on a shared well and I was informed by the well technician who did the work "there was a lot of sand in the old tanks". The control box was also replaced. I know the pump is next but my question now is: Should the 5 homes on the shared well be checking their...
  2. RayMan

Bladder Pressure in Pressure Tank Way To Low

What has been affected when the psi of the bladder in the pressure tank is 10 psi lower then it should be? The pump cuts in at 42 psi and cuts out at 60 psi. The bladder has 30 psi in it. What will this do? The gauge has been checked against another and it is reading correctly. Thank You for...
  3. RayMan

Square D Control Switch with Automatic Low Pressure Cut Off

Square D offers a pressure control switch that can include an automatic pump cut off in the event the pressure drops 10 psi below the cut in pressure. Will the cut off option provide reasonable protection for the pump against dry well pumping conditions? Is 10 psi below the normal cut in...
  4. RayMan

Setting The Bladder PSI on 5 Pressure Tanks

Hello :) We have 5 eighty six gallon Pressure Tanks connected in parallel with a Square D 30/50 psi control switch. Should all 5 tank bladders be set at 28 psi. Would it be better to set the psi on the the first or last tank in the chain at a different psi level? Currently each tank has the...
  5. RayMan

High Water Pressure Spikes on Well with Pressure Tanks

What would cause High Water Pressure Spiking at the house. I put a pressure gauge on the hose bib and its been on for three days now. The gauge has a needle that shows the highest water pressure reached, the first day the highest pressure was 65 psi the next day was 80 psi and today it reads 116...
  6. RayMan

What Could You Check or Look For To Determine a Dry-Well Pumping Cycle Exists

:confused: Before spending the money to install a PumpSaver is there any way to tell if your well is running down so low your pump is running in a dry-well cycle? Would a water pressure gauge having a memory needle that records the highest psi reached be of any help to determine your...
  7. RayMan

Chance of Contamination Entering Well From a Water Storage Tank

Is there an increased chance of contamination entering back into the well from a water storage tank that refills with a float set up rather then installing a back flow preventer? How difficult is it to check a back flow preventer once a year? What is the potential of a 2,500 gallon buried...
  8. RayMan

Water Softener With A Septic System OK or Not OK

If you have a 1,000 gallon septic tank can a water softener be installed and drain into the septic tank without causing any problems? I read articles that say it's OK and I read articles that say it will flood the septic tank and destroy all of the needed bacteria in the tank. Is it...
  9. RayMan

Who makes a pump saver

The only Pump Saver I can find for a 5HP - 230V Submersible Pump is a Model 235 Mfg by SymCom. The SymCom Pump Saver also requires a Transformer for operation. Anyone know if this is a good Pump Saver? Is the hand-held diagnostics option worth getting? Are there any other Companies that...
  10. RayMan

5 Hms. on Shared Well - 1 Home Added Storage & Pressure Tank - Effect on Others

The well is 635 feet deep. The well driller report states 20 GPM, Aquifer 490-520, 590-600. 400-635 BASALT. The one well is shared between five households and the original set up is a 5HP 25 GPM Jacuzzi Submersible Pump & Motor. There are 5 Proline 62 Gallon Vertical Pressure Tanks, a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks