Search results

1. abdixonga

Basement Bathroom pipe dry fit review before cutting concrete

Good morning, I am a DIY homeowner and would appreciate any comments about the attached picture in anticipation of cutting concrete for my basement bath remodel/addition. I pasted together sections from a couple of photos to try to show the whole arrangement. Most of the piping is 3" and...
  2. abdixonga

'L' vs. 'Y' DWV routing under concrete and wet vent size for basement bathroom?

That's another question I was going to ask -- when I was at my local home improvement store at 7am this morning, all I saw was 2" and 3" Since 2.5" is in the table as the next larger size, I assumed that it was readily available -- if not, 3" is fine with me. Merci, Adam
  3. abdixonga

Sorry for the omission. 2.5" for wet vent section. I see 2.5" for 6 d.f.u.'s in Table P3108.3 but the county inspector told me 2".
  4. abdixonga

Thanks for the fast guidance, Terry! I am planning a vent through the roof for the pump system. I didn't do the best job on the drawing and have attached an updated version. There are doors on each side of the bathroom making the bathroom vent routing more difficult: start under concrete to...
  5. abdixonga

I am a DIY homeowner and would greatly appreciate comments (or corrections) for my DWV layouts. I'd like to be sure of the design before cutting concrete. I'm working with the 2006 IRC book which my county uses (with '07 through '09 amendments). I would like to use a 2" wet vent of the three...
  6. abdixonga

"Notching" studs vs. holes in studs for copper pipe?

I'm new to the forums as of 5 minutes ago and also am not a plumber. I am finishing my basement, though, and just tried pushing 3/4" copper pipe through 1" holes drilled for wire routing. On 16" centers, it's nearly impossible because of the aspect ratio. My 2006 IRC code book shows 40% notch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks