Search results

1. Llavey

Boiler vent pipe splice

Can someone help me with a method to fix a leak in a 3" PVC pipe connection? Twenty plus years ago a contractor installed a boiler when I remodeled my house. Two years ago, a different contractor installed a new boiler and reused the existing vent/intake. This winter I noticed a big wet spot...
  2. Llavey

New Boiler

Hello all, I have a Munchkin M140 that has reached the end of it's life. While It could be repaired, there are many more reasons to replace than repair. This little boiler has been doing a great job for 17 years. It's had a handful of repairs, but nothing terrible. For the replacement, I've had...
  3. Llavey

Ecowater 3000R40

Hello, I've read a lot of threads on what the "best" or preferred control modules are for water softener systems and I have a couple questions to add to the mix. Background: I have a Ecowater 3000/R40 softener. It's probably 15 to 20 years old (was in the house when I moved in). in 2018 I...
  4. Llavey

Grohe experts

Hello, I'm looking for some help to find a part number. This video shows a "easy installation adapter" from Grohe that I believe is a 1/2 NTP to 1/2 BSP trimmable adapter. ( The adapter is at the very beginning of the video) Does anybody know what the part number is for that? I have a Grohe...
  5. Llavey

Panasonic FV-10VEC1 ERV

Has anybody installed the model listed above or the FV-10VE1 warmer climate version? This looks like a very nice little unit that would serve my needs perfectly but, I do have one question for anyone who has installed one. Has anyone installed the unit on a wall with the power cord facing down...
  6. Llavey

Power Vent water heater

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a quiet power vent water heater? I currently have a 10yr old Richmond 5VRP40N, it has shut off a couple times this year and fear it is providing me a warning sign. I'm in no rush to replace it, but prefer to do it this summer/fall vs. when it is -20...
  7. Llavey

Faucet from Europe

Hello. I'd like to see if anyone would mind helping me out with compatibility question. I found a shower faucet that I'd like to use but, it is only available in Europe. Before ordering it, I'd like to see if I am missing anything. I know I'll need adapters to go from BSPP to NPT and have found...
  8. Llavey

Softener/treatment system guidance, conflicting contractor bids

Hi, I'm looking for a little help with water treatment/softeners, sorry for the lengthy post.. I have read through some previous posts but without knowing much about this topic I'm asking for recommendations from the forum. I have a cabin with a sand point well, the water is clear and doesn't...
  9. Llavey

Softener/treatment system guidance

Hello, I am requesting some guidance for a computer-less friend. If you need additional information to help me I'll do my best, here is what I know... He has a cabin in northern WI and is looking for information on what to do to prevent the rust stains that he is getting on his fixtures...
  10. Llavey

Hot Water recirculate

Requesting some help here. I have searched the forum and done countless google search's and am now at the point of confusion. Taco, Grundofs, Chilli, Lobster, Nibco etc…. My single level home with currently unfinished basement is plumbed with pex and uses two MANABLOC manifolds for...
  11. Llavey

Confirmation on proper tub installation

I have read many of the posts on installation of tubs with a mortar bed and hate to start another, but would appreciate conformation on my understanding for my situation. Thanks in advance for your input. Tub = Jason Air Tub This is being installed in a wood frame with a tile surface and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks