Search results

1. Dajguy

How to fully close large (municipal size) gate valves that leak?

The short: Any suggestions for how to fully close a 6" gate valve that presently lets a lot of water through despite turning it closed with a lot of torque? The long: For better or worse, our private property has what is effectively a municipal style 6" PVC water system on it that feeds a...
  2. Dajguy

Help identifying this unmarked hose bib

Hey Marlinman. I just checked, and these are indeed quarter turn units. Seems like a steep price for the repair kit, especially with the vacuum breaker component separated into yet another repair kit, but it is what it is. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction on this hose bib...
  3. Dajguy

Help identifying this unmarked hose bib

After getting forum help on identifying what turned out to be a Woodford 25, I'm wondering if you could help identify this leaking hose bib from an older section of the same building. No markings that I can see. Google Lens wasn't any help either. Thanks. David Thanks.
  4. Dajguy

Help identifying hose bib brand

Thanks everyone, and especially Marlinman - tip sent! This worked so well, I'm going to start another thread with another hose bib model that is leaking on the same building.
  5. Dajguy

Sorry, I realized that I stated this incorrectly. It is leaking on the valve stem side. Would you suspect that the O-ring or packing is likely a commonly available product, or likely specialized where I would need to figure out the manufacture of the fixture to get parts?
  6. Dajguy

I am seeking help in identifying this hose bib that has an integrated vacuum breaker. Another one just like it is leaking badly on the vacuum breaker side from below the plastic shield that the arrow is pointing to. I see no manufacturer information on it at all except for the threaded hose...
  7. Dajguy

Dielectric unions and water heaters

So when tightening down a fitting to the top of the dielectric nipple, is it important that the fitting compress down on the plastic that extends above the top of the nipple so that it acts as a seal to keep water from contacting the threads of the nipple and fitting (where the dissimilar metals...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks