Search results

1. jdz

Well cap leak

I have a well cap that I cannot keep from leaking. It leaks from the bolts that squeeze the rubber seal in the middle. The leak is from the inside out. I have tried everything I can think of. I fix one and a different one starts leaking. I’ve used rubber washers on the bolt heads and nuts, I...
  2. jdz

Tank tee position

Does it matter which way a tank tee is plumbed into the pressure tank? Typically the tee is plumbed in with the lower part of the “T” going into the pressure tank. Do to routing pipes, I was wondering if I could plumb it in with an end of the T Feeding the pressure tank, the top part of the “T”...
  3. jdz

What size pump?

i am installing a tank 120’ below my house and pumping water from there. I am running a 60/80 switch and using 650’ of 1.5” poly pipe. I think I calculated TDH to be roughly 285’, if I understand how to do it??? I am hoping to use a 25 gpm pump for irrigation plus my house water needs. What...
  4. jdz

Help finding poly pipe

I have spent way too much time looking 2 inch sidr poly pipe in 500 foot coils. I am willing to have it shipped to me or I will pick it up in Washington or Oregon. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find it? I am NOT looking for the fusion pipe, I am using the barbed insert fittings. I can’t...
  5. jdz

Underground services requirements

I have always been told that all services for a house must be run underground if the other services are. Example, my power is underground so my telephone service must also run underground. Is this true? If so, does anyone know the code that requires it? I’m having issues with my phone company.
  6. jdz

Suggestion on running a long water service

I have decided to send my well out to the pasture and run a city water line to my house. Here’s the details, 3300 feet from water main to my house, 290 feet of elevation from water main to my house, 95 psi at the water main. I can get a 1.5 inch meter from the city. My original plan was to put...
  7. jdz

What water service pipe size?

im thinking of running a new line from the city supply as opposed to drilling a new well. The city line is about 3400’ from the house and about 325’ lower than my house. I believe my only option is for a 3/4” meter, I may be able to get 1.5” but that is a long shot. I’m sure I’m going to have to...
  8. jdz

Ozone treatment?

what are your thoughts on ozone treatment? I’ve been looking around but don’t see much info on it. I’ve been contemplating installing an ozone system but I would like to know what the pros and cons of them are. If I do go that route, what should I look for in a system? My well currently pumps...
  9. jdz

Feeding three buildings from one

I want to feed three buildings with one 320 amp service. The meter panel will be moved to a well shed in between the house and the shop. The house uses less than 100 amps at any given time, the shop will be somewhere around 100-120 amps at most and the well shed should be under 80 amps. What is...
  10. jdz

What the ¿$&@! Is this? Photo inside

I recently decided to start adding chlorine to my cistern as opposed to treating the water after the storage. I have always had some scum that floated on top of the water but it always tested out on so I didn’t worry about it. A week or two after I started adding chlorine, I decided to see if...
  11. jdz

Aeration in holding tank?

I am looking at some possibilities in making my well water a little more pleasant. I came across some information on aerating the water and seen some different ways of doing this. I have a 1200 gallon storage tank that my well pumps directly into and I was wondering if I could aerate the water...
  12. jdz

where to find coag solution

I recently moved into a house that has a coag water treatment system for the well water. It has two tanks that supply chemicals to treat the water. one is labeled caustic soda/chlorine, and the other is labled "coag". Where do I get these chemicals from? The chlorine is easy but what about the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks