Search results

1. jdz

Well cap leak

who cares? we will call it an artesian well, if you read my post you will see that I stated it leaks from the inside out
  2. jdz

Well cap leak

I have a well cap that I cannot keep from leaking. It leaks from the bolts that squeeze the rubber seal in the middle. The leak is from the inside out. I have tried everything I can think of. I fix one and a different one starts leaking. I’ve used rubber washers on the bolt heads and nuts, I...
  3. jdz

Tank tee position

Thanks for your help guys. I didn’t think it would matter, I just wanted to double check
  4. jdz

Tank tee position

Does it matter which way a tank tee is plumbed into the pressure tank? Typically the tee is plumbed in with the lower part of the “T” going into the pressure tank. Do to routing pipes, I was wondering if I could plumb it in with an end of the T Feeding the pressure tank, the top part of the “T”...
  5. jdz

What size pump?

That’s not what I wanted to hear, I have all the controls and a pumptec for a 1.5 motor from a previous well. I figured that would be the case though.
  6. jdz

What size pump?

I believe the pump I originally referenced was a 1.5hp 8 stage pump rated for 25gpm at 200 ft of head. If I understand you correctly, I would still be able to use a 1.5hp motor if there were 12 stages in the pump and I had 300 ft of head to overcome?
  7. jdz

What size pump?

The switch will be by the tank, near the house. I am not looking for 50 psi at the house. I currently have my switch set to 55-75 but I am going to change it to 60-80. I prefer more pressure.
  8. jdz

What size pump?

The pressure tank and switch will both be 120 feet above the pump which will be in a storage tank. I don’t see a purpose of putting the pressure controls down at the storage tank.
  9. jdz

What size pump?

The pressure switch will be at the house.
  10. jdz

What size pump?

i am installing a tank 120’ below my house and pumping water from there. I am running a 60/80 switch and using 650’ of 1.5” poly pipe. I think I calculated TDH to be roughly 285’, if I understand how to do it??? I am hoping to use a 25 gpm pump for irrigation plus my house water needs. What...
  11. jdz

Help finding poly pipe

I have spent way too much time looking 2 inch sidr poly pipe in 500 foot coils. I am willing to have it shipped to me or I will pick it up in Washington or Oregon. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find it? I am NOT looking for the fusion pipe, I am using the barbed insert fittings. I can’t...
  12. jdz

Underground services requirements

Money has never been mentioned
  13. jdz

The current, no longer usable “ line is buried. I want the replacement line buried as well. Many years ago I went through some training for this stuff and I remember this being brought up and everyone hating this rule/ code because they didn’t want to bury something that could be hung in a...
  14. jdz

I have always been told that all services for a house must be run underground if the other services are. Example, my power is underground so my telephone service must also run underground. Is this true? If so, does anyone know the code that requires it? I’m having issues with my phone company.
  15. jdz

Suggestion on running a long water service

I never did get any suggestions, what do you all think? 2” or 6”?
  16. jdz

I’ve been using this calculator page. https://www.tlv.com/global/TI/calculator/water-pipe-sizing-pressure-loss.html# I have a total of 290 feet of elevation, if I remember right, it’s .433 psi drop per foot of elevation gain. If that is the case, I’d need over 125 psi at the main to get the...
  17. jdz

1. It doesn’t matter what condition the well is in, that’s not what I asked about. 2. 95 is the lowest pressure it will hit. It is the main that feeds the city reservoir about ten miles down the road that is gravity fed from the treatment plant which is about 5 miles up the road. It is always a...
  18. jdz

I have decided to send my well out to the pasture and run a city water line to my house. Here’s the details, 3300 feet from water main to my house, 290 feet of elevation from water main to my house, 95 psi at the water main. I can get a 1.5 inch meter from the city. My original plan was to put...
  19. jdz

What water service pipe size?

The monthly bill won’t be bad. Most of the elevation (probably 150-200’) happens a few hundred feet from the house. If I had to, I would be able to get water into a storage tank near the bottom of the hill by the house and power a pump from the house there. The only backflow prevention required...
  20. jdz

What water service pipe size?

My last well was over 20 grand and lasted 10 years with low yield, about 2 gpm. Don’t get me wrong, believe it or not with a storage tank, 2 gpm is plenty but I was thinking it may be cheaper in the long run to switch to city water. I can dig the trench and install the pipe myself. By the way...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks