Search results

1. roy25101

Green sheetrock or Durock?

Which should I use to surround my new tub and shower? I will be installing a tub surround to either sheetrock or durock but was wondering if anyone had an opinion on either. I will need to tie them into regular 1/2 inch sheetrock at some point so was wondering if the transition would be smoot...
  2. roy25101

I need to go from a CI Hub to a PVC drain...

I think I need to reask for help on this one. This is a pic of the cast iron drain pipe for my bath tub. It is under a concrete slab. It originally had a 1.5 inch copper pipe coming of it that was inserted into the hub and attached with oakum and lead. The copper pipe had to be pulled out due to...
  3. roy25101

Can I melt fishing weights to solder cast iron pipe?

I need to solder a 1.5 in. copper pipe into a cast iron hub. Can I just melt some fishing weights and pour it in to seal up the hub? There is already a layer of lead in there to seal up the joint but I do need another thick layer to stabilize it? Thanks for the help.....
  4. roy25101

Can I reroute a cast iron stack vent?

I have a cast iron stack vent that is dedicated to a sink in my bathroom. I need to move it over a foot or so above the sink drain connection. I will use a pair of 45 degree elbows to jog it over to the left, vertical for about 5 feet, and the another pair of 45 degree elbows to rejoin it with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks