Search results

1. larrymcg

Query: Quick hot water at shower with no recirculation pump

This is a curiosity, not a problem. We have been in this house for several months and there is a gas fired hot water heater in the garage. It takes a long time for hot water to get to the bathrooms because there is no recirculation pump. However, hot water appears at the shower head of the...
  2. larrymcg

Toilet Double Flushes

Just moved into a 15 year old home so I think the toilet of interest is that old. It is an American Standard 1.6gpf two piece toilet. The tank seems really big to me and when flushed, the flapper stays open so long that all the water is used. This results in a double flush. The flapper...
  3. larrymcg

?How to Eliminate toilet paper jams?

I have an American Standard toilet (new in 1993) that, for several years, has a hard time flushing even moderate amounts of toilet paper. It seemed good when first new but after a couple years started showing issues. Over the last year it has gotten very touchy. What happens is that the flush...
  4. larrymcg

Water pressure high? Need PRV.

I just had a serious bout with our sewer line (maybe fixed now) but the people who did the work also did an inspection of our plumbing. They measured our water pressure at 90psi and got really agitated about that being way too high and that I needed to install a PRV, immediately! A previous...
  5. larrymcg

Dishwasher Rack Rusting - too soon?

I have an expensive Miele dishwasher that is a little over 7 years old. The bottom rack is getting pretty rusty and I'm sure it costs a fortune to replace. The dishwasher has a built in water softener and I keep salt in it (Miele's very expensive brand) and the softener is adjusted to match...
  6. larrymcg

Can a PRV be installed in line between street and house?

The pressure in the house is 80psi and a PRV has been recommended. However, I'd like to reduce the pressure to the house and to the yard watering system. The line from the street comes up next to the house and splits. One line goes into the garage and the other goes into the yard watering...
  7. larrymcg

Water Hammer Arrester - Must be Vertical?

I'm guessing this is a silly question, but..... Does the tube of a water arrester have to be vertical? Since the arrester tube has a piston that separates the water from the contained gas, I thought there could be a chance that the tube could be horizontal. I want to put arresters on the...
  8. larrymcg

16 year old water heater - time to replace?

We re-piped our house with copper and got a new water heater 16 years ago. It's gas fired and has a pump with return line. I've never done anything to maintain the heater - flushing, anode replacement, etc. I mention the pump and return line because I think (but don't know) that would help...
  9. larrymcg

Champion 4 Poor Flush - Revisited

I started a thread "Champion 4 Poor Flush" on 12/28/2009. I didn't think the flush was using enough water. There was some qualitative statements about what should happen but I wasn't satisfied. That thread is at https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?33920-Champion-4-Poor-flush So...
  10. larrymcg

Champion 4 Poor flush

I have a new Champion 4 toilet (manufactured in 2009). When flushed it uses very little water (less than half of the tank) and the bowl does not refill very much at all. The flush is very quick. If you hold down the handle for a few seconds the flush uses more water and the bowl fills...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks