Search results

1. jbiddle

Controling Navien NPE internal recirculation pump

I bought the remote PB you referenced above and the specs on it say it uses 12 VDC, but I couldn't find anywhere whether the 12 V supplied by the Navien board is either AC or DC. Where did you find that info? Also, did you wire the PB from the Hot Button kit or only use the remote?
  2. jbiddle

That's an interesting solution. Did you mount the contact switch next to the Navien? What kind of range do you get from the remotes?
  3. jbiddle

Tankless Water Heater Cleaning Solution?

If the system was closed off to the house when flushing, and the unit was rinsed afterward while still being closed off to the house, how would anything get to the house? If it did, wouldn't CLR or any other chemicals also have that same ability to get into your house water? I think that's why...
  4. jbiddle

What about adding the NaviLink WiFi board and controlling it from your phone anywhere?
  5. jbiddle

Installing new Phoenix water heater, expansion tank too?

Would this be the correct vacuum breaker, should one be needed? http://www.supplyhouse.com/Watts-0792039-3-4-LF288A-Anti-Siphon-Vacuum-Breaker-Lead-Free
  6. jbiddle

You're right, it is a coupling. I'll ask the plumbing inspector on Monday what if any check will be required because of the rework.
  7. jbiddle

I'm about to have a contractor replace my standard 50 gal hot water heater with a high efficiency tank type (HTP Phoenix LD 50 gal) and I'd rather decide what I want installed instead of leaving it up to him (of course his input will be considered). Last year I replaced replaced my HVAC with a...
  8. jbiddle

sump pit dry during wet summer

Did I put this thread in the right category?
  9. jbiddle

sump pit dry during wet summer

I've noticed that my basement dehumidifier has needed emptying more often than I can remember. I know we've had a really wet summer, but still. So I peeked into the sump pit today and its dry, to the bottom. I've lived here for over 13 years and in all that time it's never been dry. So, I'm...
  10. jbiddle

Tub install question

The pads are arranged with a pair at the head, a pair at the foot and another pair between them (a 2x3 grid). The support boards run side to side, one at the head and one at the foot oc the tub. I suupose I can add some support under the center pair. But what about the gap between the granite...
  11. jbiddle

Tub install question

I'm about to install a drop-in Jacuzzi acrylic soaking tub. It has 6 support pads on the bottom, but my plan was to support the tub using just the outer 4 pads to make it easier to level. The support will be by two 2" x 6" x 34" laminated oak boards that I can plane down to whatever final...
  12. jbiddle

Water-powered back-up sump pump ?

The instructions say not to reduce the water flow to the pump by using a flexible pipe. The pipe I used is similar to a water heater feed pipe and is rated to handle the full-flow of water through a 3/4" copper pipe. I was under the impression (mistakenly?) that a RPZ would not be required...
  13. jbiddle

Water-powered back-up sump pump ?

As far as the Zoeller literature states, the unit pumps out 2 gallons for every one used, not the other way around. I've had mine in for around about 9 months now and it's only turned on when I've tested it. I have a generator that I would turn to before needing the backup pump though. The...
  14. jbiddle

thermostatic shower

What will the new ones be named (how will we know the difference besides the price)? Thermobalance IV?
  15. jbiddle

Need to run an interior gas line...

What's the rational behind not running a flexible appliance line through the floor to a shut-off valve directly underneath the floor?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks