Search results

1. whotheguy

Condenser fan noise and then blade breaks. Advice Please.

Hi all. I've got a heck of a head scratcher and was hoping I could bend the forums ear for a moment. My neighbor, a lovely retired senior citizen had me take a look at her outside unit because it was making noise. I've had a hand in a few repairs so I have some knowledge. She had her condenser...
  2. whotheguy

Subdrive 150 flashing red fault light.

Hey Valveman, is there a way I can install the CSV you mentioned? Granted I wont do it until spring, but what would it involve to do?
  3. whotheguy

Yep, backfilled it yesterday before the temps dropped. Freezing/bursting lines is nothing I want to deal with right now, maybe April or so...:eek:
  4. whotheguy

Well I have good news and bad news. Good news is, the jumper wire I bought and put in today solved the problem and we have water and heat once again.:) Bad news is, I'm not even going to try and find the short in the one leg. Since the wire that was put into the ground when the house was built...
  5. whotheguy

Thank you Valveman and cacher chick, your help is starting to make sense. I ohm'd out the wires in the garage at the drive box, of the three differerant combinations of wires to test, blk/red, red/wht, blk/wht. Only the red/wht combo would ohm out and it was within the parameters at 2.8ohms. 2.2...
  6. whotheguy

That's okay about the digging, Lord knows I needed the excercise. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what you said about pulling the pump/motor thing by using a pipe. I can tell the pipe in the well is pvc as I can see it. But how would the PVC pipe hook into the other pipe to send water to...
  7. whotheguy

Well, I can't figure out how to get the pump out of the ground. I've dug down to where the line branches off the big well pipe that goes into the ground. It has some kind of copper/gasket connection that looks like it's a compression fit inside the well pipe. I've also looked into the wellhead...
  8. whotheguy

This isn't looking good at all based on the responses. Although I know next to nothing about all this well pump stuff I do know electricity pretty well and in some way was hoping it was that. I guess there is no chance of it being the pressure sensor at this point? Valveman, I know you...
  9. whotheguy

I'm a new poster but was hoping the members here could help me out. Up until about 3:00p.m. today all was good as far as running water. Shortly after that I noticed no water flowing from the faucets. Went into the garage and immediately saw the red "fault" light flashing on my Subdrive 150...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks