Search results

1. Couch-Tuber

cast iron bathtub or acrylic?

I remodeled a master bathroom in 2005 where I replaced the old worn steel tub with acrylic. I know your post asks about cast. The cost of a new steel tub was lowest but they don't hold up to my wife's incessant cleaning :D. Acrylic was more expensive by about 100% over steel but likely will...
  2. Couch-Tuber

Converting Basement Floor Drain

Have pity on us poor plumbing DIYers. I want to make it clear I really appreciate sites like this. I know there are many sites out there but one where you know the pro's hang out can be a Godsend. That being said, as a professional handyman, I work on other people's houses and do just about...
  3. Couch-Tuber

Dielectric water heater fittings

Two opposing opinions from two experienced plumbers :confused: seems practical about the nipples they still contact metal but I'm not buying your religion against a true dielectric
  4. Couch-Tuber

maybe should have this moved to water heater forum. I learned over there that the BrassCraft Speedi Plumb® PLUS Engineered Polymer Braid Water Heater Connectors are fully dielectric. Speedi Plumb® PLUS water heater connectors with Engineered Polymer Braid provide superior flexibility and...
  5. Couch-Tuber

Dielectric unions and water heaters

I thought this thread was about dielectric unions and ways to isolate any current, dissimilar metals? If you use flex tube which has stainless steel jacket, you still have a conductor running the length and depend on that little plastic T flange inside the brass nut. That is about 1/32"...
  6. Couch-Tuber

Corrosion in the Kitchen

M.I.M. LOL hey its Texas still growing by leaps and bounds on the cheapest bid.
  7. Couch-Tuber

reading through old threads there are some here who don't think dielectric fittings work. My understanding is that they serve to seperate two dissimilar metals to prevent corrosion caused by a dielectric reaction. I found four types. The copper flex and large nut type seem to be truly...
  8. Couch-Tuber

Corrosion in the Kitchen

corrosion erosion confusion best pic I can get for now shows corrosion and hole from inside out on piece I cut out
  9. Couch-Tuber

Sharkbite Questions Code Leaks hate em like em

sharkbite I tried a sharkbite 4" sleeve the other night to fix a leak. THe existing pipe was less than pristine lol and the sleeve would not seal even though it was seated down the 1" required. The pipes gotta be in very good condition and line up, which mine are not. It was a real pain trying...
  10. Couch-Tuber

Point of use water heater POU

I want to connect an overflow drain from a water heater catch pan into a drain stack 12" below where a drain connection enters from the kitchen sink. Is this legal?
  11. Couch-Tuber

Why would NIBCO/CPI Durapex PEX split (lengthwise) and leak?

UV exposure Just have to jump in here on my soap box....Having been involved in technology and support for years, I have become aware of how so much "new fangled" technology is just a house of cards waiting to fall. They never test every eventuality in the lab and it is the consumer who ends...
  12. Couch-Tuber

Corrosion in the Kitchen

Erosion electrolysis flux boric acid or turbulence etc Not a "stack" then. Here is a picture of a "manifold" in my house (but not the kitchen, this was from the laundry room but similar) Note green flux. Where the copper comes up through the slab they form a "manifold" with three pipes...
  13. Couch-Tuber

Watts Instant Hot Water Recirculating System

Grundfos/Watts I put one in our house 3 1/2 years ago as the water heaters are in the attic and the kitchen, where we need hot water sooner rather than later, was taking 4 minutes to warm up. That's alot of wasted water. Cold is warm often but the trade off seemed worth it and there is an...
  14. Couch-Tuber

Corrosion in the Kitchen

As preferred, sunday night at 8pm we realize there is water coming from under the sink. Ripped out to get into the wall to find a leak underneath - a tiny hole in the copper stack coming out of the slab. The house is 3 1/2 years old. There is green trails across the outside of the pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks