Search results

1. Leeelson

New construction heating advice wanted

Looking for advice. Building a 2700 sq ft vacation home in rural Northern Vermont. Home will be used about a month by up to 10 people, mostly in the summer but occasionally in winter (temps down to -20 F). Need to keep house from freezing in winter. Only utility is electrical ($.19 kwh) but...
  2. Leeelson

Help me interpret pump changes

Yes. Just above pump. Should have been replaced when Grundfos was installed 2.5 years ago but wasn't. Now its stainless.
  3. Leeelson

And the answer is... Funny how the solution to a problem is often obvious once it's known. Both the Grundfos pump and motor are performing well. A checkout reveals pressure and current draws very close to book values. The problem? A leak at the very corroded fitting just above the pump. Why the...
  4. Leeelson

I've done some more digging, and talked to World Wide power & Pump who sold me the Grundfos. It looks like the Grundfos motor is model 96449947 which has a max thrust of 1500 and max current draw of 13.2 amps. WWP&P says that the equivalent Franklin is 2243018602G which comes with a "motor lead"...
  5. Leeelson

The idea of replacing the motor with a Franklin is attractive. Some concerns: 1)Which model? There are many Franklin motors listed (http://www.franklinwater.com/products/motors-controls/4-inch-submersible-motors/#OrderInfo) with parameters I don't understand like "SF" "STK" "thrust" 2) Is the...
  6. Leeelson

Sigh. First, let me say that this is a great forum and I really appreciate the time and effort people put into helping others. I've decided to bite the bullet and replace the pump and motor with a different brand (likely a Goulds GS series but input is welcome). I have some misgivings about...
  7. Leeelson

Distributor has had no bad reports. Suggests the problem could be with TDH but my understanding is that a larger TDH (late summer) would just decrease the flow, tending towards LOWER current draws. This pump is drawing almost 2.5 kW (11+ amps).
  8. Leeelson

Grundfos 25S20-11 2HP 25GPM 4' 11 Stage Stainless Steel Pump End 96449947 Grundfos 1PH 2HP 230V 3 Wire Submersible MS402 Motor Grundfos 98315256 2HP 230V capacitor start/capacitor run control box
  9. Leeelson

Well the amps don't go up, but they don't drop by 50% as the tank (8 gal) fills. At the start of the fill (no outside demand) it's running full bore (about 11.2 amps) then falls slowly to about 10.5 where it stays until shut off (tank full). It used to run at about 5-6 amps at shut off.
  10. Leeelson

If the thrust bearings are heating up, wouldn't I expect to see current increasing over time? I have 2 hour run times for irrigation and don't see this kind of behavior. In summer, typical total run times are about 2-3 hours per day, with no cycling thanks to the CSV. Is this excessive for a pump?
  11. Leeelson

Talked to Grundfos tech support. They confirm 20 MFD and say that max output for pump is 13 amps (this is for more than the rated 2 hp) and not to worry. I'm not convinced and am pretty discouraged at the thought of being without water during summer if the pump fails, especially after 2.5 years...
  12. Leeelson

Found a capacitance checker. Run capacitor is 17.2 microF. Sound about right? I have no wiring diagram other than the cover. Relay checks out OK.
  13. Leeelson

Thanks. Any suggestion as to how to test the capacitor? I have volt/amp meter (clamp). Line voltage in is 220. Voltage to motor is 330. Sound right?
  14. Leeelson

Grundfos 25S20-11 2HP installed in Feb '16 with CSV 125 60-1. I have a cycle sensor that gives current draw. When the pump was installed, the max current draw was about 9 amps but only when running my largest irrigation line. Most lines showed about 8 amps. I believe that the largest current...
  15. Leeelson

Grohe faucet spray flow leak

I have a Ladylux Café faucet purchased in 2014. The rinse spray head leaks a small amount of spray flow even when the diver button is not pressed. I have cleaned the screen but that doesn't help. How can I fix this? Anyone know of a tech support phone number (not in India) for Grohe?
  16. Leeelson

Pressure tank sizing.

Third time is the charm. Finally had the 60-1 CSV installed (the correct way, I believe, see picture). Asymptotic pressure reached is about 63 PSI. I set the pressure switch so that the pump runs for 2 minutes with all demand off. This was about 62 PSI. I tested several sources, including a 2.2...
  17. Leeelson

Pressure tank sizing.

Well, I live in a state where gambling is legal, so I'll give it a try. $200 slots.
  18. Leeelson

Pressure tank sizing.

Thanks for your creative ideas. I think I will just bite the bullet and buy an 86 gal pressure tank. Should take about 2 weeks to get here and be installed. Hopefully at that point I will finally have a good working system. I'll report back at any rate.
  19. Leeelson

Pressure tank sizing.

With this configuration, I would still get frequent cycling when running the drip. The drip heads are adjustable, but they are configured to give the proper water, which varies among applications. I have some drip lines with 50 heads, and some with 10. Those with 10 will likely never draw enough...
  20. Leeelson

Pressure tank sizing.

Not sure why the irrigation pressure would be higher. If the pressure switch is set to e.g. 40/60, won't the irrigation see that pressure (same as house)? The irrigation is not really adjustable. It's drip and runs one zone at a time for long periods. I'm guessing the flow rate is somewhere in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks