Search results

1. T

Sewer Smell In Guest Bath

Traps dry out in unused bathrooms, particularly in heating season which will allow sewer smell into the building. Run water for a minute in your sink, shower, etc. each week to keep the traps full.
  2. T

Tempering cold water

The rust issue did cross my mind as a possible issue with a steel tank. But from my looking around it seems there are also coated as well as non-metallic pressure tanks out there but they are not inexpensive, so it might not be worth the trouble. Cheaper to turn up the water heater a little...
  3. T

Tempering cold water

Thanks for your reply. I have thought about that, as we run our shower valves at around 90% hot, I'm guessing. Re-piping to that configuration wouldn't be a problem as things are pretty consolidated in the basement. I should add that we have a tankless heater. Ideally, I would like to...
  4. T

Tempering cold water

Thought I’d ask for any suggestions regarding pre-heating or tempering our cold water. We have VERY cold water year-round (drilled well), but obviously colder in the winter. Right now (Dec), our water is running either side of 40 F from the well into the pressure tank & the basement, where...
  5. T

water noise running thru pipe

Dry shower trap? The water in the trap can evaporate, if unused, especially during heating season.
  6. T

venting question...

Not to say you couldn't have multiple vents, you just might want to up-size where it goes to the outside since you're in cold weather.
  7. T

venting question...

I just reconfigured my venting, running 2-2" vents & a 1 1/2" vent through the interior of the house but the joined each of them separately into a single 3" section in the attic using the existing pipe through the roof. Made the venting in the walls MUCH easier & no new holes to the outside...
  8. T

Another venting question

Thanks, There is enough room in the chase to run another 1 1/2" or 2" vent all the way from the washer (bsmt) to the attic. Sounds like that will work! Thanks again, TD
  9. T

Another venting question

Hi Terry, Thanks for your reply. If I am able to vent this way, I would have the kitchen sink, washer & one full bath on one 2" vent straight to the attic & then one full bath also straight to the attic (separate run) & they would then join at the existing 3" roof vent. I saw that very...
  10. T

Another venting question

Hi, We are preparing for an upstairs bath renovation in a 1 ½ story timber-frame house. Each floor will have 1 full bath with the kitchen also on the first floor & the washer in the basement. The house was owner-built in the 80’s & there are a few un-vented fixtures & I would like to correct...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks